Don't ever give up hope!

Planet

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two years missing, and it's back. I had stopped sending the nice emails long ago, and started posting notes to the page instead. I had really given up on it, but couldn't find the copy tag to release, now I'm glad I didn't.

I'm so happy. I wasn't so sad, just a bit disappointed, but I'm soooo happy! :anicute::drama::ph34r::sad::huh::huh:;)

So, never give up hope.

I am totally thrilled for you. How awesome that the lost has returned to the light!!! Kind of restores your faith in humankind.

Had the same experience recently on TWO of our 4 owned trackables. Both were in caches that were muggled, which made us think they were really gone, only to learn that some cacher not too familiar with the online logging part of bugs and coins suddenly "remembered" and logged it in months later. One was a Diabetes TB we launched, the other was a geocoin that is now in Scotland!

kind of sad for the holder, though. Divorce sucks!

Yeah...I'm still not sure why Groundspeak makes people stop caching during a divorce.......

Ok...you get the point....

I wish some of mine would come back from the other side.

Here's a question: Would you rather that your lost travel bug is actually:

a) Lost in the bottom of a lake or other natural locale?

:) Lost in the bottom of some one's sock drawer?

c) On the keyring (or dashboard) of a former (or maybe even current!) geo cacher?

d) Part of the inventory of some kid's toybox....as that kid's favorite toy?

kind of sad for the holder, though. Divorce sucks!

Yeah...I'm still not sure why Groundspeak makes people stop caching during a divorce.......

Ok...you get the point....

I wish some of mine would come back from the other side.

Here's a question: Would you rather that your lost travel bug is actually:

a) Lost in the bottom of a lake or other natural locale?

:o Lost in the bottom of some one's sock drawer?

c) On the keyring (or dashboard) of a former (or maybe even current!) geo cacher?

d) Part of the inventory of some kid's toybox....as that kid's favorite toy?

I'd have to go with C or D, I'd rather it was hijacked than lost. I have one that is a pewter Humvee, and in the hands of a Soldier who took it with him to Afghanistan. I'd like to think of it as a good luck charm at this point.

Now I really HATE to admit this, but I recently found a TB I picked up and forgot about. I just put it in a nearby cache and when I went to log it in, I realized that the owner replaced it and it had still been traveling. What do I do now? It doesn't give me the option of showing that I put it in a cache again. I emailed the owner to let her know and hoped maybe there was a way of having the two bugs compete.

Now I really HATE to admit this, but I recently found a TB I picked up and forgot about. I just put it in a nearby cache and when I went to log it in, I realized that the owner replaced it and it had still been traveling. What do I do now? It doesn't give me the option of showing that I put it in a cache again. I emailed the owner to let her know and hoped maybe there was a way of having the two bugs compete.

Two travelers going around with the same tracking number will just cause problems. One of those TBs should be removed from circulation, perhaps by being mailed back to the owner.

Edited by UncleJimbo

Well, having disappeared in October 2006, our travel bug Bear Behind has reappeared. It would appear that a cache owner was doing a bit of maintenance (not sure as the log is in German and I'm very rusty in that language), found our lost TB (it wasn't logged as being there; we'd put it down as missing in action), grabbed it and is trying to make sure it follows its quest of visiting islands by taking it to Tenerife soon! Brilliant!

The TB did have a laminated note of its quest attached to it by chain but in future I intend to do as I do with our geocoins and drill it, attach a keyring, solder the ring closed so that it is useless as a keyring, and then put the quest into the plastic tag of the keyring then superglue it closed. Might not stop them being filtched, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Thank you stachelzauberer for finding our TB