Visiting LasVegas

marlin01

I am spending the Christmas holiday in LasVegas and will be doing alot of caching while there. I have a personal coin that I only trade or leave in caches, if anyone will be around and has a personal coin they want to trade pm me, we can meet up for a trade. (Or you could just try to pick one up from one of the caches I drop it in, but I only drop them randomly.)

Valley of Fire is also a great place to do some caching. We also took a day trip over to Death Valley, a really cool place to visit and you can pick up California too!

Not 100% sure, but isn't Valley of Fire on Indian land? If so, I wouldn't be caught caching there...they are VERY strict about their lands. I've heard horror stories about equipment being confiscated...again can't say for certain.

I am certain I read about this in the forums before though...

Valley of Fire is also a great place to do some caching. We also took a day trip over to Death Valley, a really cool place to visit and you can pick up California too!

Not 100% sure, but isn't Valley of Fire on Indian land? If so, I wouldn't be caught caching there...they are VERY strict about their lands. I've heard horror stories about equipment being confiscated...again can't say for certain.

I don't have a clue about that but there are indeed caches there, we were just there in November and cached merrily!

I don't have a clue about that but there are indeed caches there, we were just there in November and cached merrily!

Just went back to some of those cache pages...Valley of Fire is a Nevada State Park....Cache On!!

OK...just remember that you WILL pass through Indian land to get to the Valley of Fire....don't stray from the roads until you KNOW you're on state land!! Any questions about this, I suggest a search of the topics.

A beautiful place to visit though, we've been there a few times as well! The petroglyphs (I think those are petros) are AWESOME to view! There's a great little walk with some good walls full of "pictures"...I think it was Mouse or Tanks or something like that...a short walk!

Now you've got me intrigued about going there for caches!!

If you climb, I THINK there's a cache on both Mt Wilson and Bridge Mountain (maybe more peaks have them as well)...but pack a lunch and do your homework if you plan to climb either. Very fun, but VERY challenging and DANGEROUS!! Both peaks are in Red Rock Canyon. Also, check out Holey Wall...another "climb" cache!

For info I THINK you can look up Hikinglasvegas...a cacher out there who might be the owner of the peak caches (and where I got the info on the best way to climb Bridge and Wilson). Look him up through the GC search or do a google. There is a fee for the "routes" (read that as NOT a trail, but a suggested way to climb...there aren't any TRAILS really once you start the actual climb).

Greetings, Even though the posts have strayed from coins, I am going to Vegas for a work trip in January. This is perfect information! Yes, I will be taking coins to exchange in caches. Know any good TB/coin hotels?

WIll have Wednesday afternoon free, THursday PM, Friday, Saturday free for exchanging trackables.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!!!

Greetings, Even though the posts have strayed from coins, I am going to Vegas for a work trip in January. This is perfect information! Yes, I will be taking coins to exchange in caches. Know any good TB/coin hotels?

WIll have Wednesday afternoon free, THursday PM, Friday, Saturday free for exchanging trackables.

I hear the one on Mt Wilson is a TB hotel....lol!! Just kidding Jean, wouldn't want to set you astray!

I wish I had a coin to send out...hey, I wish I was going out actually!!

This one is very large, it will hold a bunch!

GCVZDC

Red Rock Travel Bug Resort

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have a binder of cache pages, over 200, that I am planning on going after. I will be out there for 9 days and have a planned trip for every one but Christmas Day. Aside from the downtown Vegas area I have planned trips to Zion, Death Valley, Red Rocks, and Hoover Dam. Caching in the daylight and living it up at night, best plan for a vacation I could think of. :laughing: