What course of action should I take?

Hobo2

What course of action is best for me to take now. I ordered some coins back on Nov 8th, but I can not get the dealer to respond to any of my emails, am I being impatient? I guess I wouldn’t be as upset, if it were not for the fact that I found out this dealer charged my PayPal account twice on each order. I tried to contact them to alert them to this problem but to no avail, nothing, not one word. Then I got to thinking I could use the extra coins, so I wrote another email stating just send me double the order I asked for, but again no response. Now it has not been all that long ago, but I’m getting very worried. I sent them $94.28, and at least if I got some sort of a response from them it would ease my mind, but what should I do? I sent them my receipts and my conformation numbers both form the initial order and the ones I got from PayPal confirming payment just last week, thinking this might be the reason for the hold up, but nothing. :(:D:D:laughing:

In my opinion, unless it was a Pre-Order, 30+ days to send out stock coins is un-acceptable! I would file a claim with Paypal and either recover my payment or, at the very least, get some sort of response from the seller about what they intend to do!

just my 2cents :laughing:

I agree with Sunrayers.

If it was a pre-sales order then 30+ days is standard. Not hearing from the venodr is not. I might even make a claim in this case.

If it was stock coins and as you say haven't heard anything, submit a claim with Paypal. You are totally protected and should get a full refund unless they can show delivery.

In my opinion, unless it was a Pre-Order, 30+ days to send out stock coins is un-acceptable! I would file a claim with Paypal and either recover my payment or, at the very least, get some sort of response from the seller about what they intend to do!

just my 2cents :laughing:

I agree with Sunrayers.

If it was a pre-sales order then 30+ days is standard. Not hearing from the venodr is not. I might even make a claim in this case.

If it was stock coins and as you say haven't heard anything, submit a claim with Paypal. You are totally protected and should get a full refund unless they can show delivery.

This is where I will start then. Should a Mediator be contacted about this... they sale coins here too? :D

Edited by Hobo2

Out of curiosity .... what coin(s) was it?

Every coin dealer I've dealt with (only one exception but I know the guy to be infirm and disabled) has always responded to emailed requests for information on the status of my order(s) within 2-5 days. Some dealers have even shut their website down for several weeks while they took some needed R&R but always there was plenty of notice.

Would it have been possible that you sent your email requests to the wrong address?

If you've had absolutely NO response to ANY of your e-mails it's possible they have a dead link on their contact e-mail or for some reason their server may be putting your e-mails in a spam folder and they're not aware that you are trying to contact them.

It's possible that if Paypal only released the funds to them last week that they were waiting for the payment to clear before shipping your coins to you.

FWIW... dd you try their profile link, a link from their site, a link from an old e-mail...

If you want to let us know in confidence who this is perhaps we have an alternate approach to contact them and let them know to get a hold of you asap. No guarantees, but we'd be happy to help you get this resolved privately.

This is where I will start then. Should a Mediator be contacted about this... they sale coins here too? :laughing:

If you're asking if the Moderators of this forum should be contacted, the answer is really "no". They have no influence over anyone's private transactions. They're just here to maintain the direction of the threads and to keep the peace in the forums.

I know it's difficult to wait without information, but I'd also caution against posting too much info here. This can easily cause a "mob mentality overreaction" against the company involved.

If it proves to be a company that's done this before...believe me...everyone will know about it anyway.

I guess I wouldn’t be as upset, if it were not for the fact that I found out this dealer charged my PayPal account twice on each order.

Here is Our Question.. How is this Possible?? You have to Approve funds to be Paid.. At least that is how our Pay-Pal Account Works.. Anyways..

Like the previous replys.. If is was a "Pre-Order", Kick back have a Drink and Wait a bit longer.. If it wasnt.. We would request the Funds back w/Pay-Pal..

LM

Were the coins in stock or a preorder? If it's the same coin I purchased on 11/8, then it was a preorder and the coins are not in yet.

Are you sure your account was debited twice? Because their cart system has a series of steps that show up in PayPal. One is an initiation and the other is accepted payment, but the money only comes out once.

Still, they should have responded to your emails.

Maybe they paid the dealer with and echeck. If they did you get a thing from paypal that you are paying with echeck and what it was you bought. Then when echeck is cleared you get another receipt saying it was send and paid. I thought the same thing being charged twice when I had gotten to notices from paypal but thats what they do. I went and checked my acount and it was only taken out once. It has something to do with that dang echeck . I never use them but for some reason I paid with one and it took for ever to clear it seemed like. Check your acount maybe thats what happen. USA 45

Maybe they paid the dealer with and echeck. If they did you get a thing from paypal that you are paying with echeck and what it was you bought. Then when echeck is cleared you get another receipt saying it was send and paid. I thought the same thing being charged twice when I had gotten two notices from paypal but thats what they do. I went and checked my acount and it was only taken out once. It has something to do with that dang echeck . I never use them but for some reason I paid with one and it took for ever to clear it seemed like. Check your acount maybe thats what happen. USA 45

Edited by USA 45

Out of curiosity .... what coin(s) was it?

Every coin dealer I've dealt with (only one exception but I know the guy to be infirm and disabled) has always responded to emailed requests for information on the status of my order(s) within 2-5 days. Some dealers have even shut their website down for several weeks while they took some needed R&R but always there was plenty of notice.

Would it have been possible that you sent your email requests to the wrong address?

The email addresses I used were supplied on the charge account sent to me by PayPal, pulse I sent copies to the address provided by the vendor on there own initial receipt when I first ordered... I saved everything. This was the only contact I ever got from them, now nothing.

Edited by Hobo2

Were the coins in stock or a preorder? If it's the same coin I purchased on 11/8, then it was a preorder and the coins are not in yet.

Are you sure your account was debited twice? Because their cart system has a series of steps that show up in PayPal. One is an initiation and the other is accepted payment, but the money only comes out once.

Still, they should have responded to your emails.

You are right, only one payment was made, but it did look like two, thank you for clearing this up. But don't you find it strange that my answers are coming in here, instead of from the vendor? :laughing:

Edited by Hobo2

You are right, only one payment was made, but it did look like two, thank you for clearing this up. But don't you find it strange that my answers are coming in here, instead of from the vendor? :laughing:

Yeah, I do.

If people are taking your (our) money than the least they can do is provide reasonable customer service. Perhaps this person is away? I have not seen them post much in the forums lately at all. It is a busy time of year and I know this person has children. So perhaps your messages were not received yet. There are a lot of people who purchased these coins on preorder. So you're hardly alone in waiting (if that makes you feel any better).

Based on past purchases, I don't expect to receive these coins before Christmas.

Edit added... I see the person in question has posted today. I recommend sending them a PM through the forums.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Yep its me, I'm the bad guy.......Sorry

I have sent several emails today to Robert informing him of his order. All I can say is I had a really good reason for not answering email I was injured at work while helping a guest that was trying to end his life and it took me two weeks before I could get up and around and get back online. Hopefully all the questions have been answered and again I am sorry for the slow response as that is not my style. If anyone has questions about the wonderful discoveries geocoin please see the post I just made in that thread or send me an email and yes I will email you back in a timely fashion.

Jake

And by the way AG I think you should be a geocoin detective all someone has to do is mention a date and you know the coin, company and there ordering process, LOL. Thank you for helpful comments.

Edited by Team Jsam

Yeah, I do.

If people are taking your (our) money than the least they can do is provide reasonable customer service. Perhaps this person is away? I have not seen them post much in the forums lately at all. It is a busy time of year and I know this person has children. So perhaps your messages were not received yet. There are a lot of people who purchased these coins on preorder. So you're hardly alone in waiting (if that makes you feel any better).

Based on past purchases, I don't expect to receive these coins before Christmas.

Edit added... I see the person in question has posted today. I recommend sending them a PM through the forums.

How would you know who I was talking about, I never said... scary! :D

I have sent several emails today to Robert informing him of his order. All I can say is I had a really good reason for not answering email I was injured at work while helping a guest that was trying to end his life and it me two weeks before I could get up and around and get back online. Hopefully all the questions have been answered and again I am sorry for the slow response as that is not my style.

Jake

Thank you Jake, I'm sorry if I came off a little rough, but I'm sure you can understand why. I hope you get to feeling better and heal up soon.

Thanks again for responding! :laughing:

Edited by Hobo2

Thank you Jake, I'm sorry if I came off a little rough, but I'm sure you can understand. I hope you get to feeling better and heal up soon.

Thanks again for responding! :laughing:

You have nothing to be sorry about, you sent a stranger money then they would not answer your emails you have every right to get worried.

Happy Holidays!

J

...All I can say is I had a really good reason for not answering email I was injured at work while helping a guest that was trying to end his life and it took me two weeks before I could get up and around and get back online.

Jake

Wow, Jake. I'm sorry you went through such a traumatic experience. I hope that the guest is all right, and it sounds like you were injured during your assistance. I'm sorry you were injured, and hope that you're feeling better soon. :D

I received your Coins here in England... They're great. Thanks so much.

Again, I hope you're feeling better...

I have sent several emails today to Robert informing him of his order. All I can say is I had a really good reason for not answering email I was injured at work while helping a guest that was trying to end his life and it took me two weeks before I could get up and around and get back online.

Jake

And by the way AG I think you should be a geocoin detective all someone has to do is mention a date and you know the coin, company and there ordering process, LOL. Thank you for helpful comments.

I, too, hope you are up to par and feeling a lot better :lol: