Geocoin poker event.

joranda

I was always wanting to try a geocoin texas holdem event as a local event. Do you think it will work and what do you think the best way to do it? I have a few ideas but would like some feed back to make this a great event. I enjoy playing texas holdem and know the rules of the game but what's the best way to come up with the ante and the pay outs on the finishes? Thanks for the help.

Ok, seriously. Yes, I have run a bunch of geocoin poker games. Here's the basic structure I used:

Geocoin Poker Challenge

If you have any more questions Joe, you can drop me a line. Basically 3 coins in, and then 50%, 30%, 20% to the finishers. You can choose what types of coins are allowed, time limits, blinds, etc. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks, I'll check out the page you supplied.

Yes I have met Pete and have had the fun of geocaching with him for a day.

I'll second that :D

Pete you have met yourself? hmmm.... :D

I have been in 2 geocoin tournaments, they are alot of fun... especially when ya win. :D

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then ;)

Yup - you can't go wrong with Pete's method. A well run tournament and loads of fun even when you are out. ;)

Loads of fun even when your forced to play and are completely clueless too, right Michele??? :D

Yeah and all those great people at our table who had no problem teaching us one the one hand while taking our chips with the other. Wait - I took some of your chips too Lindz! And ya got some of mine too. :D It was a blast and I would do it again in a second.