Lazy Cachers? How long is the Longest you've seen for a FTF on a level 1 difficulty new cache?

mrbeachroach

Not normal, but not unusual either. I had an easy one sit for a couple of weeks once (it was a simple offset cache, but my reviewer had me list it as a puzzle, which may have deterred some).

Also, many cachers are wary of first hides. They'll often wait until it's been found at least once to make sure there's no bugs. It's not personal, just a general wariness.

Long life to your cache!

Edited by Dinoprophet

Just because someone has not logged it as first to find doesn't mean it hasn't been found yet. I noticed around here some people will wait until its been found then they log there FTF. I know personally Ive run out a few times thinking i would be first only to find it had been found a day or so earlier.

I don't know what the caching crew is like in the Cookeville, TN area, but that would be very unlikely here unless the cache was in a very unaccessable location. That said, I can't imagine what else could be the problem. The cache sounds interesting, is easy in both D&T. Yeah, I think its odd, but that might be totally geographic. Hang in there and you'll be getting happy emails soon.

Looks like there's not many caches in the immediate area of yours, so it may not have been sent out in a new cache notification email to very many cachers. Someone will see it in the weekly notification for sure.

Can Cache at night or day public, nice and easy can almost come in high heels heals!!!!

Fixed! :laughing:

I don't know what the caching crew is like in the Cookeville, TN area, but that would be very unlikely here unless the cache was in a very unaccessable location. That said, I can't imagine what else could be the problem. The cache sounds interesting, is easy in both D&T. Yeah, I think its odd, but that might be totally geographic. Hang in there and you'll be getting happy emails soon.

It has to be the area. In my area it would be found in less than an hour. That's only if someone's not on their game... A 1/1 cache? The only delay would be driving time to and from. I didn't check out the cache in question because I would have to start making travel plans, take off work... It's a problem. I'm dealing with it.

It has to be the area. In my area it would be found in less than an hour. That's only if someone's not on their game... A 1/1 cache? The only delay would be driving time to and from. I didn't check out the cache in question because I would have to start making travel plans, take off work... It's a problem. I'm dealing with it.

Great idea! A ten mile long series! One cache every mile.

In all seriousness, with the abundance of caches in Cookeville, it might take more than a micro to get the locals to drive to your cache. Put a regular size cache up in the hills and give them an interesting hike and something to work for.

Or put out ten more micros. Cachers go where the caches are.

I put out my first hide a few days ago. It was found within a day. The nearest cache to mine is almost 10 miles away, so I guess folks in this area don't mind a drive to find a cache. I drove about 15 miles last night to locate three caches I'd been wanting to do. The area has a lot to do with how far people will drive to find caches.

Ken

Looks like there's not many caches in the immediate area of yours, so it may not have been sent out in a new cache notification email to very many cachers. Someone will see it in the weekly notification for sure.

Can Cache at night or day public, nice and easy can almost come in high heels heals!!!!

Fixed! :laughing:

weekly notification ? what weekly notification. I haven't gotten one in weeks and weeks.

Great idea! A ten mile long series! One cache every mile.

In all seriousness, with the abundance of caches in Cookeville, it might take more than a micro to get the locals to drive to your cache. Put a regular size cache up in the hills and give them an interesting hike and something to work for.

Or put out ten more micros. Cachers go where the caches are.

Im going to release many caches in the next 3 weeks so im not scared yet, does anyone know if they take a cache off the site if it has not been found after a certin time?

I'm going to release many caches in the next 3 weeks so I'm not scared yet, does anyone know if they take a cache off the site if it has not been found after a certain time?

No, they don't. Caches have gone unfound for years. It's fine to hide lots of caches if you have lots of great places you want to take folks, just consider that many of us prefer quality locations and hides to sheer numbers of hides. However, as they say, if you hide it, they will come.