Premium Membership

Terrier Team

There are no "downs" to becoming a Premium Member. ;)

Once you pay your $3.00 for a month (or $30.00 for a whole year), you can createPocket Queries. Then, using a program such as GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you can filter, slice, and dice the data to tailor it to any caching adventure.

If you have a PDA, such as an inexpensive Palm, Cachemate allows you to carry all the cache data with you, and even gives you a place to log your find to help you later when you log online. If you have a PPC, GPXSonar is a free program you can use to display the cache information.

Go ahead, pony up! It's worth it. ;)

I'm trying to decide if becoming a premium member is worth it!!! This is what i look like when trying to decide ;););););) Any insight would be helpful, ups and downs would be nice too! thanks!!!

I recently started myself and I paid for the PM. I realized quickly that I didnt want to print all the time so I joined and grabbed a cheap PDA of craigslist. The PQ are nice since you can filter things out and get up to 500 caches in a single one.

I'm trying to decide if becoming a premium member is worth it!!! This is what i look like when trying to decide ;););););) Any insight would be helpful, ups and downs would be nice too! thanks!!!
Besides totally streamlining loading caches into your GPS and Palm, you also get other benefits. You can get notfications emailed to you whenever a new cache appears in your area. You can create PMOC caches, which allow you to watch who/when somebody accesses your PMOC cache. You won't get adds in the middle of your nearest cache lists anymore.Finally, you support the site making it possible for the site to make improvements. Edited by TrailGators

I still have a full head of hair cause I went for the Premium Membeship. If not I'd pulled it all out by now. ;)

I usually do this:

I have a saved list of PQ's I run, and when I want to go caching I go in and request one be sent for the area I'm headed.

I load that into GSAK, which will do all the translations, and with some clicking buttons I'll have the data sent to my GPS, PDA, and Laptops mapping software.

After that I'm ready. The GPS has fresh data, the PDA has the complete cache page ad hints, and if I'm packing my laptop I can look at the map on screen, or find wireless internet and log the finds while I'm stopped somewhere.

Hi Terrier Team,

It would help to know what kind of cacher you are to determine the benefits of a PM. Are you a FTF hound that would suffer without insta-alerts?

Look at each of the benefits and ask yourself honestly which you will use. Contrary to the opinion of some, Premium Membership will not solve all the worlds problems.

Before I say anymore I better put on my flame resistant suit. ;)

Some people ask why they should support public radio. They give you a nice tote bag or a coffee mug, but that isn't why I do it. I can listen for free, but I think it is worthy of my support. I am a premium member because I think CG.com is worthy of my support too.

I'll be the first to admit that you can't push the analogy too far. GC.com is a for-profit business, and there is plenty of add space on their site.

But I like caching! I want to keep using this site as a repository for lots of cache info. I want the folks that took the initiative to put all of this together to prosper and stick with it. That, for me, is reason enough to join. YMMV.

I'm trying to decide if becoming a premium member is worth it!!! This is what i look like when trying to decide :ph34r::cool::cool::ph34r:<_< Any insight would be helpful, ups and downs would be nice too! thanks!!!

Well, why don't you just sign up for a month and then stop the re-billing.

If you don't like the added benefits, you are only out 3 dollars. Not even a gallon of gas anymore.

--danny

I am a premium member because I think CG.com is worthy of my support too.

But I like caching! I want to keep using this site as a repository for lots of cache info. I want the folks that took the initiative to put all of this together to prosper and stick with it. That, for me, is reason enough to join. YMMV.

Best reason I've seen yet; Done Deal; Joining Today <_<

Thanks Sputnik for putting it in perspective. For the price of 1/3 tank of diesel a full year of Premium Membership; Now that's a bargain :ph34r:

I'm trying to decide if becoming a premium member is worth it!!! This is what i look like when trying to decide :ph34r:<_<:cool::cool::ph34r: Any insight would be helpful, ups and downs would be nice too! thanks!!!

It being worth it is up to you and your needs. If you need the queries, or just want to try them, then it is worth it. If you believe in putting your money to supporting things you use/appreciate, then it is worth it.

I cache so little any more that I would probably not be a premium member if it were not for the ignore list. See, I don't (any longer) do any in-city caches, only those in the woods, and preferably those you have to walk to for more than 1 minute. With the ignore list I just ignore all the caches that i will never do and get a custom list to work on.