I am start to plan to make my own geocoin.

deafnut

Here is what I would do:

First, have a good idea what I want to do.

Second, get with an artist to design it. That generally cost between $75 and $125.

Third, if you really can't afford to pay for it out of your pocket (not many can), shop the idea around to the various coin companies. Some offer a split. Which would mean they mint the coin, and sell it on their site, and you get a certain amount of coins. Different companies structure their splits differently. You just need to find the one that works for you.

Good luck! And I will look forward to seeing a coin from you!

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right, but if I am:

Most of the companies will give you some coins. I've heard of some that pay a small amount of cash, but then you don't get coins.

If you sell them yourself, which I wouldn't advise for your first coin, then you will probably make a little money and have a few coins to trade. But you have to do all the work yourself and either pay for them out of your pocket, or run a pre-sell. Alot of people won't buy on a pre-sale at all, and then some won't buy if they don't know the person's reputation well.

right now one place that i can ask people in alaska willing to give unwanted cell phone and ink cartidges can support me to make my own geocoin ... one ceel phone can be worth 300 dollor

When it comes to cell phones, by the time it's unwanted it's not worth 300.00. Plus you have to support those phones if you sell them via eBay. I just bought one. It wasn't unlocked like it should be. I'm still trying to get that phone unlocked.

Smurfs are copyrighted, he'd have to get permission from someone in Smurfville to use that image.

Any image like that will usually be covered by a copyright. It's best not to break the law, and end up with problems. I'm sure deafhunt has a nice idea in mind already. I'd rather see him do something he personally designed than to take something "off the rack". It would be much more unique and meaningful.

I think going to a coin company for a split deal is the best idea. I know that you don't have to spend $75-$125 dollars for art, most companies will do art including in the coin cost.

He is right about that. I just usually have my art done first, but that doesn't mean you have to. But having an idea about what you want your coin to look like is important. Not all the details, but just a general idea of the coin you want to mint. The artists are very good at helping you flesh that out.

Smurfs are copyrighted, he'd have to get permission from someone in Smurfville to use that image.

You're darn smurfin' they're copyrighted. I mean, you could get really smurfed up if you dared to smurf one of those pics onto your coin. I had a friend once who thought he had got away with some minor smurfing, but only to get majorly smurfed by the fuzz for excessive smurfing.

Just remember, smurfs don't let smurfs use smurf images without Papa Smurf's approval.

HTH

Do you have a program you use to make a design? We have print shop and I love it. We used it to design a Christmas coin and we submitted it to a company. They really liked it and they are working with us to where we get coins as payment also. We are waiting for them to tweak our artwork now and send it to us for approval. Once you submit an idea to them and they like it then they will pretty much do the rest. You just have to approve or adjust what they come up with and then it will go into production. We've submitted several other ideas, some they did not like and some they said they would put on a back burner as a possibility later. If you have several different ideas on coins you would like to have made I would submit several. They are bound to like one of them?