How do I make an Unlisted cache?

AtwellFamily

Hm. I created a cache for my trackables, but I didn't archive it. Just feels so final. :o I unchecked the little box so it wouldn't show up in the reviewer queue, though! :D

It does show up in the reviewer's proximity search though. Not a problem if a few people are doing it, but if doing that becomes more widespread I can see reviewers having a problem with the practice.

Hm. I created a cache for my trackables, but I didn't archive it. Just feels so final. :o I unchecked the little box so it wouldn't show up in the reviewer queue, though! :D

It does show up in the reviewer's proximity search though. Not a problem if a few people are doing it, but if doing that becomes more widespread I can see reviewers having a problem with the practice.

Never thought about it that way before. :D

.....Or......

Actually place a cache and start them out in there. Of course I just don't get why trackables can't all travel (in real caches).

I am activating a bunch of coin for FTF prizes. People can then adopt them. I want to keep track of them until the person adopts them. I have activate over 30 coins in the past month or so, to go in "real" caches. :o

I have one to store the few coins I own. I placed it here:

N 89° 59.999 W 071° 00.000

Should be far enough away not to cloud reviewers' proximity searches.

To kinda 'hold' any geocoins or anything I just don't want to show up in the list of trackables when I'm logging a cache, I just created a cache with my approximate home coords (a massive apartment building, good lucking finding me <_<), archived it immediately, and stuffed the geocoin into it. It's not like I'll ever have trouble finding it later either (it being archived and such), since the 'cache' that it's in is logged in the geocoin's history.

Then again, I currently only have one geocoin, and it rarely moves, so I've never needed a 'better' solution. This one works out quite nicely for me.

So, are you saying I can create a cache page, then archive it, and it will show up and be, relatively speaking, useable?

5 commas in one sentence! A personal record!!!

So seriously, it would be as functional as a cache that had been published and then archived?

Yes, we found this out the hard way by placing one on property that is maintained by a National Park, but was unmarked. After about a months worth of meetings with the Park Managers and emails with the reviewer, we archived it and it show up in caches that we owned so we drop our personal stuff in and out of that cache.

Hm. I created a cache for my trackables, but I didn't archive it. Just feels so final. :laughing: I unchecked the little box so it wouldn't show up in the reviewer queue, though! :laughing:

Couldn't the reviewer just go and archived all the 'waiting' caches?