Ernest Demuyter geocoin

KarelKraak

Saturday September 15th is the start of the 51th edition of the Coupe Aéronautique Gordon Bennett, a race for hot air balloons. One of the teams which ones participated in this race (and is still very involved with it) are also active geocachers and had a geocoin made for this occasion (link to their profile).

The front of the coin features a picture of Ernest Demuyter who won the race in 1922, 1923 and 1924. Because of this Belgium could keep the silver throphy 'for ever'. The back shows balloons with the flags of the nations which paticipate in the 2007 edition of the race.

The coin is available in an antique gold, antique silver and antique copper finish:

GB2007-Forum.jpg

The coins are sold at the website of the race. The direct links:

Antique gold (9 euro)

Antique silver (8.50 euro)

Antique copper (8 euro)

Of course the coins are trackable with the following icon: icon_small.gif.gif

I ordered one antique copper, and I see that the paypal transaction was successful, but CubeCart came back and said that the order failed. Can you check to make sure my order will be processed since I paid for it.

--Marky

I had the same problem. ordered a set and the paypal was succesfull but then it said the order failed.

Waiting for a reply of the seller.

Of the 3 ordered i will have 2 for trades ( if i recieve them). See my tradelist on geocoincollection.com.

Perhaps you can try emailing the GB-team via their profile. I don't handle the sale so I'm afraid I can't help you with this :D

Mailing a geocoin in a bubble envelope from the Netherlands to outside Europe is € 1,78 (< 50 g) and € 2,67 for 50-100 grams (max 38x26,5x3,2cm/min 14x9cm)

Mailing a parcel is € 4,70(0-250grams) to the states (bigger then 38,5x26,5x3,2cm/lighter then 2kg)

From Belgium : in Europe : 2,40 Euro , ouitside Europe 2,70 Euro

max 125 x 235 mm = 0,80 Euro and 0,90 Euro.

When you order 2 coins : 4,80 Euro inside Europe, 5,40 Euro outside Europe....

a great different with Holland.