Cemeteries

Bushlight

My 2 cents.

First of all we have gotten off track from the OP's question. I have no answer for you, because I will not hunt a cemetary cache. I have no clue how my GPS works in a cemetary.

Second of all, Geocaching.com needs to have a headstone available that will consceal an ammo can, I'd buy one. Once I'm gone, sure, stop on by, say "hello", and get a smiley. That is a cache I'd be honored to hunt, "Stop by and say 'Hi' to (any geocacher)".

The difference is, "I want you there".

They are my PERSONAL feelings, and I don't believe that they should ignite any arguements, they're mine after all. My personal feelings don't help out the original topic, but neither do anyone elses.

Umm, GPS units in a cemetary?

All i wanted to know was.Has anybody else's gps go crazy in cemetery's.And you jump in and start complaining about caches in cemetery's.But you have found some.So what is your problem with them.Nobody's hurting anything heck i even stand flowers,flags up that i see on the ground.Everybody's there just to have fun. And maybe look at a few old headstones.I've seen some headstones that go back to the 1700's.So if you have a problem with them then don't look for them.And let everybody else have the fun of reading old headstones while looking for a cache.

...Here's an idea, why not put it to a vote of all the living relatives of those same people who just happen to be dead and of course you would want to include the current plot owners who are still living. OR get the approval of the adminsitrators of the cemetery? I must admit though it seems much more 'up front' to let the families and current plot owners know in advance but I'd accept the permission of the Adminsitrators or Board of Directors......whoever. At least they know who it is that they are accountable to.

Here is another idea. The ones who care are already visiting. The ones who don't care don't. Why bother them with drivel?

We don't track them down and ask them if we can walk through the cemetery, take a rubbing, or walk the dog. Geocaching is harmless. Why insist on confusing geocaching for something it isn't?

First of all we have gotten off track from the OP's question. (remaining off topic response deleted)

Way off topic! back2topic.gif

Second request. Please stay on topic. The "should you hide a cache there" debate has been done to death, so to speak. I have no problem leaving the topic open because the original question was indeed an interesting one. The off topic responses have not been.

As you know, I typically don't give a third request.