The Great Ashvegas Jeep Geocoin Race

keewee

After a couple of us cachers in Ashvegas (aka Ashburton, New Zealand) put racers in to the Premier Race II it was suggested we hold our own race for local cachers and we buy Jeep Geocoins to use as the racers!!

Four geocaching families decided to take part and an order for 8 Jeep Geocoins (4 x 2 colours) was dispatched - 2 per family. Colours were chosen by way of a micro hunt in the Ashburton Domain - one colour in each of 4 micros drawn at random - and then cachers were give 2 weeks to create a new cache each to launch their racers in. Some chose to launch each racer in a cache of their own, so thats 6 new caches.

One of the rules is that the participating cachers cannot go near any of these caches for a 2 week period to allow others to get the FTFs, and we cannot move any of the racers. (The rest of the rules were pretty much borrowed from the Premier Race II - thanks :anibad:)

Thanks to the reviewers all caches were reviewed and, once good to go, rubber stamped ready for publication. (A big thanks to Zero Gravatis for this).

All 6 caches were published earlier this evening and the first FTF's took place within 90 minutes.

Now we just need to organise some prizes for the 6 month and 12 month points in the two race categories.

Wish us luck.

For more information see the race website - The Great Ashvegas Geocoin Race

Edited by keewee

After a couple of us cachers in Ashvegas (aka Ashburton, New Zealand) put racers in to the Premier Race II it was suggested we hold our own race for local cachers and we buy Jeep Geocoins to use as the racers!!

Now we just need to organise some prizes for the 6 month and 12 month points in the two race categories.

I've got all 8 Jeeps on my radar! I'd like to send you some prizes if that would be ok! I LOVE that you are using the Jeep Racers, this is just what I designed them for!

I've got all 8 Jeeps on my radar! I'd like to send you some prizes if that would be ok! I LOVE that you are using the Jeep Racers, this is just what I designed them for!

Wow - thanks for the offer!! It would be rude not to accept :)

Thank you very much, I'll be in touch. (once I'm fully awake :lol:)

When I saw the Jeep Racer coins I knew we could make use of them, They are cool and were ideal for our race. Thanks for the offer of prizes :) you are great. Have fun watching the racers, we certainly are :lol: Hopefully others will catch on and buy these cool guys for what they love to do, Race.

By the way we had a keen cacher visit town last night and get 3 ftfs (1 dnf), shuffle the coins a bit and pick up Elmo's Red Racer at 10.30pm, taking it out of town, woohoo :lol: