Geodating

Anybody have any experience incorporating geocaching into a date? I know a great lookout cache near our college, and want to incorporate it into a date, other ideas would be good too.

Hope you are not the kind to just hide micros....

My gf has heard be talk about it before and knows a little bit about it. Her and I were at a Cracker Barrell one night so I showed her exactly what I was talking about. Seem somewhat interested, but who knows....LOL

Wow I've not been on a date in 15 years. I don't think I would have taken my wife on a cache outing (while we were dating) unless I clearly explained what we were going to do and then I think she would have told me to have a good time and not to get hurt.

I guess it all depends on the individuals personality and how the adventure was set up. I'm still trying to convince her to act as my navigator so I can go on a mega cache run since she loves telling me what to do and where I should go. Navigation with your significant other, now that's a thread all of it's own :D

It's a good litmus test. You can tell a lot about your date by seeing how she reacts to geocaching.

If she enjoys it, or at least good naturedly tolerates it, a second date is definitely in order.

If she whines the whole time, belittles it, or is a princess who refuses to crawl around and get dirty, run away, even if she is really hot looking.

Some things to consider...

-Pick an interesting cache or series of caches that will take some time (but not too much). An hour to two hours

should do it.

-Pack a picnic lunch and a blanket and enjoy it at a nice overlook or other scenic spot.

-Don't bring up your X-Men comic collection or brag about your ability at Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas unless she asks.

:D It must work somehow - Two cachers up here in the Saratoga, NY area met while seeking a geocache - a couple years later they are now planning their wedding and have a cache "She Said Yes" dedicated to them.

Vistas are great - but, if you are looking for a partner that loves to cache with you - a nice easy trail multi is the perfect test.

It wasn't a date, exactly...

My girlfriend and I cache together and are halfs of the "froldt" team. We've been dating longer than caching, and started caching together, so I couldn't really introduce her to it as a date, since we learned together.

However, for Valentines I set up a "fake" cache. It was a real cache, and I made the cache page printout, as I always do. However, I did not try to get it approved, since it was there for only a few hours.

I went over to her house and told her there was a new cache in the area, maybe we could get first to find! So we rushed on over there as dusk fell and I made sure she found the cache. Once she opened it and saw a letter addressed to her, she realized it was not an ordinary cache, and that it was full of her presents. She was able to take the whole thing home with her.

We have since placed a "real" cache there for others to find. However, that story is for us to share, and we have even more special memories every time we go to do cache maintenance there.

Also, we have memorialized a picnic we went on early in our relationship. One of these days I am going to get a picnic ready, stash it in the trunk, and then when we are out caching I will be able to surprise her with it when it gets to meal time.