Big Caches

Bah! Them's not ammo cans! THIS is an ammo can!

And, where's the camera for this film can?

You can hit both of these caches within about 5 minutes, if you're walking. They're about a block away from each other.

pics are good, but you have to see Big Boy in person to truely appreciate it. Heck you could put an APE cache in Big Boy for swag!

When I did Big Boy I forgot all about the film can :ph34r:

PS: reptlcal, thanks for the link to the 120MM Mortar can, I've been looking all over for one of those and was just figuring I'd have to turn for the internet for one.

This one was pretty large. :(

8d087e08-b7ab-499e-a85d-466552592499.jpg

That was probably the biggest one I've found too... :unsure:

What's the waypoint of that one? How does it work?

ditto, I'm just wondering where you would place that so that a passing muggle doesn't say:

"hey, there's an ATM, finally! Hey what's the deal there? What a sick joke, a fake ATM?!"

It is in Yuma and it is listed as a Puzzle. You have to figure out how to open it . . . and the combination lock is tricky. A tutorial from a friendly locksmith might be necessary if you aren't familiar with those types of combinations . . . :unsure:

On my second trip there, we couldn't get it open. :( As we sat in the car, making notes about the DNF, a guy actually walked up and put his Bank Card in the machine . . . even though it is labeled as a "Non-working ATM" and is behind a gas station, in a place I would never expect to find a real ATM. :P

Stupid muggle . . . :P :P :P

It is in Yuma and it is listed as a Puzzle. You have to figure out how to open it . . . and the combination lock is tricky. A tutorial from a friendly locksmith might be necessary if you aren't familiar with those types of combinations . . . :unsure:

On my second trip there, we couldn't get it open. :( As we sat in the car, making notes about the DNF, a guy actually walked up and put his Bank Card in the machine . . . even though it is labeled as a "Non-working ATM" and is behind a gas station, in a place I would never expect to find a real ATM. :P

Stupid muggle . . . :P :P :P

twice I've worked in grocery stores and I've discovered that 90% of the general population are idiots who never bother to read signs so I'm really not surprised by that one

I once put an out of order sign on a bottle return machine and I had someone lift up the sign that was over the hole for the bottles so they could use it. Then they proceeded to ask me what was wrong with it :P

i have a cache in a '52 cadillac fleetwood. i have no idea why, but some people have a hard time finding it.

i'm all like, it's a honkin' SEDAN, how did you miss it? it is not a film canister under a rock. and just in case it's raining out, you can climb into the cache while you sign the log.

some finders stay awhile, because it's also full of old railoading magazines.

it's in the backyard of one of my friends from work. i was looking for a host for a large format cache, and my friend approached me about his father-in-law who had heard about geocaching, and thought it sounded like great fun. he didn't want to DO it, though. he just wanted to watch. and he just happened to have this old car in his backyard. he was hoping after a while to sell the car.

these days he likes the cachers so much he's not looking to sell the car. sometimes if you visit the cache, he'll invite you in for a beverage. if you like old railroad magazines and you like old cars, this guy is your friend.

It is in Yuma and it is listed as a Puzzle. You have to figure out how to open it . . . and the combination lock is tricky. A tutorial from a friendly locksmith might be necessary if you aren't familiar with those types of combinations . . . :huh:

On my second trip there, we couldn't get it open. :( As we sat in the car, making notes about the DNF, a guy actually walked up and put his Bank Card in the machine . . . even though it is labeled as a "Non-working ATM" and is behind a gas station, in a place I would never expect to find a real ATM. :o

Stupid muggle . . . :P:P:lol:

Not to mention that it isn't powered on... :P

I wasn't familiar with how to open that kind of combo lock either. You had to spin it four times and it was tricky when to and when to not go past the previous number. Of course you have to have the LRLR correct or was it RLRL? :P Anyhow, we got it open and I logged it! :P

How about this one of mine: Sledgehammer

Can you spot it:

db0a40a1-0981-4e2d-8aa6-21cce31efc58.jpg

It is described as a "small 4 X 4 container under a pile of rocks.

07931ae3-9e16-45fe-96b2-335693a54cda.jpg

The reason for the name, note the GC.com cache sticker under the handle:

b7d023d0-74d3-4fd9-9137-72604d03803f.jpg

The inside of the container:

c3fbcc11-9455-4b51-a9f7-802059accb2d.jpg

That shot is actually before I restocked it. I usually keep it pretty full of big things. Seems like a trifle, but folks seem to enjoy it. We originally stocked it with duplicate wedding gifts, so it had crystal picture frames, toasters, coffee makers etc.

The Spare Tire is a travel bug, as is my Pet Rock, which weighs well over two hundred pounds. It has been a lot of fun and has had several visitors over the years.

Edited by Monkeybrad