Pathtags?

Are many people seeing these out there? I just submitted a design for one for our team after picking one up myself in a cache and really thinking they were cool. This was the first one I have seen in WI and I think I got it by accident because the owner of the tag did not visit that cache. I think somebody got it from another cache and did not know what it was and regifted it. I am happy they did! Just curious if they are taking off and becoming more popular in other areas *I hope so!

:rolleyes: OK, I did not think that I had to explain that I was loging them on www.pathtags.com. When you log them on WWW.PATHTAGS.COM they are supose to show up in your online collection but they don't.

Right, they are supposed to show up in your online collection over on the pathtags.com site.

I noticed that there was a "recent news" item about some issues with logged tags showing on your map, so it may be something to do with that....although they claim to have fixed that issue. I might suggest tossing an email their way at support@pathtags.com . I know a couple of folks over there browse the forums here once in a while, but an email might be a better/quicker way to make sure they know about a potential issue. Pathtags aren't directly related to GC.com, so the folks here can't do much about it.

edit: K2K beat me to it.

Edited by Mr. 0

:laughing: OK, I did not think that I had to explain that I was loging them on www.pathtags.com. When you log them on WWW.PATHTAGS.COM they are supose to show up in your online collection but they don't.

So, what does this have to do with geocaching.com? Shouldn't you ask questions about a non-related website on that particular website? Just a thought, I mean, I wouldn't post in the Microsoft forums if I couldn't get my Linux drivers to work :anibad:

:unsure: OK, I did not think that I had to explain that I was loging them on www.pathtags.com. When you log them on WWW.PATHTAGS.COM they are supose to show up in your online collection but they don't.

So, what does this have to do with geocaching.com? Shouldn't you ask questions about a non-related website on that particular website? Just a thought, I mean, I wouldn't post in the Microsoft forums if I couldn't get my Linux drivers to work :lol:

I would say that this is not un-related to geocaching.com. When I have a question about something that I encounter while finding a cache listed on geocaching.com, I ask here. If I have a question about my Garmin GPSr, I ask here. Same for software to go paperless. Or getting permission in a specific park system, signature items, hiking staffs, canoes... The knowledge base is here, so here is where I ask. It is true that I can get the information somewhere else. I just don't see the fee to get a trackable listed on geocaching.com part of a protection racket.

I agree, your question does have to do with geocaching since these are now being used as swag/trade items. You may get more help from the pathtags site though in relation to why they won't show up, but it does not hurt to ask here - even though some folks like to limit these forums only to what they consider useful topics. :lol::unsure:

:lol: OK, I did not think that I had to explain that I was loging them on www.pathtags.com. When you log them on WWW.PATHTAGS.COM they are supose to show up in your online collection but they don't.

So, what does this have to do with geocaching.com? Shouldn't you ask questions about a non-related website on that particular website? Just a thought, I mean, I wouldn't post in the Microsoft forums if I couldn't get my Linux drivers to work :lol:

I would say that this is not un-related to geocaching.com. When I have a question about something that I encounter while finding a cache listed on geocaching.com, I ask here. If I have a question about my Garmin GPSr, I ask here. Same for software to go paperless. Or getting permission in a specific park system, signature items, hiking staffs, canoes... The knowledge base is here, so here is where I ask. It is true that I can get the information somewhere else. I just don't see the fee to get a trackable listed on geocaching.com part of a protection racket.

yea ok not everything has to be strictly gc.com, but to me it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume someone that said they were having some problem with "tracking"' was talking about HERE. If there was no "tracking" offered here then it couldn't confuse anyone if there was no additional info supplied. Since there is tracking here I think it would nice to add in the extra notes instead of hoping people can just make a leap and figure out the problem is with some other site :unsure: .

I think that they are becoming more popular, I just wish more people would trade them. I don't like the "if you meet me on the trail we'll trade" thing because 99.9% of the time I will never meet people on the trail... I would rather people say that they are just going to drop them in caches...But that's just me. I enjoy collecting the tags more than geocoins (am I allowed to say that?!?) :unsure: So if anyone wants to trade send me a line! :lol:

Let's get back to the topic (which isn't what belongs here and what doesn't--that's for the moderators to decide). While Pathtags are not trackable on geocaching.com, the general question has been asked, though it would seem to me that you'd be better off asking them for technical support. Someone here may have an answer or suggestion so the thread can remain open for a bit.

Thanks.

Well let me say this much! If I wanted to ask just regular people that might have had this problem before... THIS WOULD BE THE PLACE! Who else goes caching here? I think I hear an EVERYONE! I don't know what you have run into with people who run websites but 9 times out of ten they take forever to get back to you! I have also found that the people here have a quicker responce and even care because we are all in the same boat!