THE FUNNIEST LOGS, YOU CANT MAKE UP

If this is a repeat of another post, sorry... This thread is for all of those logs that you have run across, that had you laughing out loud. Most of the regulars here in the forums now know me by my avatar picture and have there own ideas about me, Good or Bad. I have found one that I think everyone will enjoy reading. If you have one that someone has logged, or one that you have logged, Post it here so we all can read it and laugh. Please post the name of the cache, I.D.#, and the date, at the beginning or end of the cache log. genegene

June 28 by genegene (78 found)

This log is in 3 parts. Why? Because it wouldn't fit in one log.

What a cache this one was. My very first first to find. Was it worth it? You decide.

It all started the night of the 27th. I had just finished reading Ted the caver, (visit link) and was about to go to bed, when I decided to just check to see if there were any new listings. I have a radius of 10 miles from my zip code locked into my favorites folder, so I can just check and run. WHOA!!! 8 new ones. 2 are right down the road. After some moaning and butt kissing, the wife finally said that I could go and get one.

Fortunately I had already downloaded the coordinates into the GPS. Now what do I need to be out in the woods at night? 3 small mag lights and 1 large one, 1 bright neon green jacket, 1 hunter orange hat, 1 walking stick, 1 GPS, 1 pen, and NO FEAR. Out the door I go it is now 12:10am, hope fkrol, Aquaman134 or Mushroomman have not decided to make a midnight run like myself.

Arrive at the park at 12:15am and see that the park is closed from Dusk till Dawn. Hope that no cops show up and run me off or worse give me a ticket. I pull into the lot and see no cars are around and better yet no tire tracks in the fresh puddles. This might be my lucky F.T.F. cache. Lucky for me there is a bit of moon light out to help lead the way. I kept the big mag light off as not to attract any attention on my way in. 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, almost there. Shoot, I need to cut through the wet grass.

I'm here, now to start looking. Not here, maybe there, nope. Darn the moon is gone. What is that? I don't like the looks of what ever that is, better investigate. I start to look at what ever this container is and don't like what I see

part 2

Now take into consideration I have just finished reading a story kinda like the Blair witch, and my nerves are on red alert being in the dark and all alone.

There is no ID to tell me it is a geocache. Is this some sort of sickos sick idea of a Bobbie trap and what are the odds of it being near a geocache? and in the middle of the trail.

I'm on full alert while checking this thing out, KERPLASH!!!! I jump 5 feet in the air. what was that? Talking? do I hear talking coming towards me? I listen for a few. Nothing must be the wind in the trees playing tricks on my ears. Investigate again, KERPLASH!!!! Now I am so freaked out it is not even funny. The hair on the back of my neck is standing straight up, NO LIE.

I want to go and do this one in the morning when I can see. No you cry baby do this and get it over with, you are a man, get the find and then you can go home. I still do not like the looks of this container. I take off my jacket and put my wallet in the pocket along with my GPS, and place it about 30 feet away. Just in case it is not, what I hope it is.

I carefully pick it up and inspect it, and start to pry the lid off. KERPLASH!!! I drop the container, look around for a few minutes, nothing. Pick it up again and pry the lid. Why is it making a hissing sound? Don't stop, keep going. I stop. I try shaking it hoping to hear that there is what sounds like a log book and a pen inside. Something is in there, try again. I don't like that hissing sound!!! POP!!! I fly backwards and land on my bumm and the contents fall all over the ground.

part 3

It's the cache.

I quietly laugh at my self for my nervousness. I start to check out the contents. Am I the first? Noooo!!!! there are wooden nickels in here that have other cachers logos on them. Who are these people and how did they beet me here? ARUGH!!! I am so disappointed. Fill out the log and still have a story to tell anyways.

Wait a minute. I am the First To Find. Better make sure first. I am. I start to do a little F.T.F. dance. Signed the log and then got the heck out of there. I really didn't want to find out what made those noises in the water anyways.

On a side note: I received 4 personal firsts on this cache. 1: First to Find, 2: first night cache, 3: First time I broke the law to find a cache, 4: the first one of these containers. I don't recommend trying to get the 3rd one. I did place the cache off to the side of the trail in the bushes and sent an e-mail to the Rocking the Goat at like 2 am to let them know that it was messed up and that I had no idea how it was supposed to be placed.

I hope you can laugh at me, as well as I am still laughing at my self on this one. Thank you Rocking the Goat for the experience, and Mad Min for publishing it when you did. genegene

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Fred Garner Park Gas Saver

GC13YVC

A cache by, Rocking the Goat

This log for "Oklahoma's Lamest Cache" (a lamp post cache, since archived) had me in stitches! :laughing:

The hider was Darkmoon, the finder was Kand.

"I found this cache on a sweltering hot summer day (actually it was cloudy and kinda rainy). The choice of hide site

itself was ingenious, as who else but Darkmoon could have been sensitive

enough and intuitive enough -- indeed, enough of a poet and artisan -- to

have realized that every lamppost in this parking lot needed a microcache in

its base in order to achieve its highest order of spiritual and inner

fulfillment in its time on earth? And who else but Darkmoon could have, and

would have, been courageous enough to respond to the heartfelt cry of this

lamppost for a microcache of its very own, and who else would have been

strong enough and resourceful enough -- and creative enough -- to have found

this magnificent 35mm film canister, and lovingly crafted it into a cache

container, and then lovingly and religiously placed it in such a daring and

scintillating spot, a spot so magical, so special, that my eyes fill with

tears as I write this log entry, just as they did in that sacred and holy

parking lot earlier this afternoon, whence and where those beneficent tears

mixed with the sweat on my face on that hot summer afternoon, and then those

sacred tears of joy and love streamed off my face and bathed the tiny paper

logbook as I prepared to return it to its magical 35mm canister, its special

chalice, then to return it lovingly to its special designated altar, its

resting spot where it can lie nestled in safety, guarded by the noble tall

cylindrical sentinel known generically to the heathens and the uninitiated

as a "lamp post" but known to any true red-blooded and sincere geocacher as

a "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of

yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex".

And, after I had replaced the sacred vessel inside the sacred altar known as

"Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of

yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex", I fell to my

knees, overcome with joy and awe, and I prayed to the Holy Lame Urban 35mm

Microcache, thanking it for its beneficence, and thanking it for its

blessing, and then, further overcome by its magnificence and by my

comparative shallowness and banality and unworthiness, not to mention my

sins, I cast my torso upon the hot scorching pavement, wailing and crying

and screaming, and flailing my fists against the hot unyielding pavement,

now covered with the blood of my righteous and wrathful self-directed fury,

at the injustice that one so unworthy as I should have dared to have touched

a sacred Lame Urban Micro 35mm Film Canister, and with the thought that I

had -- without the requisite 22 hours of prior cleansing and fasting -- also

dared to approach its sacred altar, known as a "Sentinel of microcache

guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y

sodium vapor lamp at apex", in the first place. And, so finally, my homage

to the sacred cache was complete, and satiated and bloody, yet filled with

bliss and joy at this exposure to The Sacred and The Holy, I returned to my

car. Signed logbook with tears and blood, took nothing, left five $100 bills

as a small token of my offering to this cache and to the Lame Urban micro

35mm Film Canister Cache Gods. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for

this wonderful cache and religious icon, and for this chance to once again

worship the Demigod of Lame Urban 35mm Microcaches. Thank you Darkmoon!"

you have to keep reading like me. you just need to fallow his logs as they progress over the caches. i have gone 3 more and I'm hooked and want to know where they end up. but I'm going to bed and will continue with them tomorrow.

Edited by genegene

ya know,

as entertaining as reading those logs was (specifically, the oregone logs), i kinda really feel bad for the guy. i mean...geez... did lauren even say anything after he went thru all of that? how unappreciative.

and i must say that his literary stylings are fairly advanced and thoughtful...yet are really familiar. he must read a lot. anyways...thanks for posting those logs...how interesting.

Arrive at the park at 12:15am and see that the park is closed from Dusk till Dawn. Hope that no cops show up and run me off or worse give me a ticket.

When you DO get caught, can you please tell them you were doing something else? There are too many people working very hard to give Geocaching a GOOD name for people to undo that reputation by breaking the law just to get a precious FTF.

Thanks.

Oh, anything by Oregone is a treat.

Although this day was kind of depressing. Start here:

LarsThorwald's Vertigo - Part I

LarsThorwald's Vertigo - Part II

God College Micro

michelle

Thanks for these links! Those logs are hilarious! Strangely, while I have been in the Pasadena section of LA only once in my life (around May 2005), one of the caches which I found -- in addition to the ubiquitous street-corner postal box magnetic micros and their sidewalk newspaper box kissing cousins -- was God College Micro. However, I must admit that during my entire stay in Pasadena, even while searching for God College Micro (located at Fuller Theological Seminary), I never once thought of Lauren, much less had any angst-filled pangs of unrequited love for her. Not even one. Sigh. Then again, of course, I do not know Lauren. And, of course, I had just spent much of the day in Brentwood with hottie Katrinka, She Who Snarls, and, in any case, there is a really nice Asian massage parlor just a half-block from God College Micro on East Union St., and it is open till 11 PM on Saturday nights.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

link to ted the caver if you want to read it.... http://www.tedthecaver.com/

WHAT HAPPENED TO TED?!?

I read the story, hubby gets it next, but it stopped with him getting ready to return to the cave. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?

What a place to stop. :lol: Does anyone know what happened next?

Would you look for a cache in here?

A new sucker is born every minute. Don't believe anything you read on the internet. :):lol::lol:

The real story was written by Thomas Lera in 1987. It was called, "THE TERROR IN HUPMAN’S CAVE."

It was definately a great read though.

Best log ever written on one of my caches.

Tactical Adventure #2 (Pipe Dreams)

August 12 by Lounging_at_Walden (315 found)

After a noble, yet aborted attempted at Tactical Adventure #1 Tree-ant-o-cache, Coggins and I headed out in search of the famed giant pink pipe. It's not what you're thinking, or maybe it is. We heard rumors of the giant pink pipe's existence.

For reals? A pink pipe jutting out of the desert floor?

After a quick drive through the nearby dry creek bed, we spied something sticking out of the desert floor. Could it be? The rumors were true.

Because Coggins came equipped for every scenario imaginable, in a manner of moments, we were climbing aboard the pink pipe.

It was a happy ending for all. Signed the log, traded out jeeps. An interesting cache to say the least. A nice twist on the P&G. Park, climb, realize that your on top of giant pink pipe, laugh, and grab.

If you do fall from the top, you'll be laughing all the way down because you'll have to explain to the doctors, your friends and family, that you got injured while mounting an erect 20 foot giant pink pipe.

Thanks Rex for carting out the gear. And thanks ecosystem for the ant-free surroundings.

Thanks Bill for the cache and the puzzle. How do you find these places?

--- J

Edited by Kit Fox

WHAT HAPPENED TO TED?!?

I read the story, hubby gets it next, but it stopped with him getting ready to return to the cave. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?

What a place to stop. :lol: Does anyone know what happened next?

A new sucker is born every minute. Don't believe anything you read on the internet. :):lol::lol:

The real story was written by Thomas Lera in 1987. It was called, "THE TERROR IN HUPMAN’S CAVE."

<snip>

Didn't really care if it was real or not, I just wanted the rest of the story!

Edited by Sioneva

AHH!! WWHHHHYYYYYYYY????????

Why, why, WHY would you post this link!?!?

:cry::(

Ahh, that was a good read. :D Took me like three hours, though; though I took a break for supper. It was pretty predictable, and the ending was to be expected.. Thanks for the link.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TED?!?

What a place to stop. :( Does anyone know what happened next?

A new sucker is born every minute. Don't believe anything you read on the internet. :D:D:o

<snip>

SERIOUSLY!!

But, I was expecting it to not continue.. :(

There is no rest of the story. As to what happened to Ted? That's for your nightmares to decide.

I found Ted the Caver to be a much more satisfying read than the earlier story. If you let the heroes get out alive and put a name to the thing, who cares?

--

Bargle

I had been to this cache right before them and the creative way they described the beetle invasion made me laugh out loud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 19, 2006 by BJ&Snurt101 (2267 found)

Que La Paz Su Madre Senor! What appeared to be a peaceful and pastoral garden nearly turned into a day nightmare. Oy! Sure, the tranquility of the gardens and happy sounds of swimmers nearby lent a certain ambiance and there was confidence in my step as I approached gz.

Is this a Japanese garden? It certainly was the center of the universe today for every Japanese beetle in world. The object of my search and me were Pearl Harbor. The year is 1945. Bzzzzzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzzz! Dive bombing all around, into my hair, scudding off my arms and face. Bzzzzzz! Bzzzzzz! Tora Tora Tora! The object and its' vegetative matter wore clusters upon clusters of fueled and bomb laden kamikazees. The slightest touch, the merest agitation of the object brought scores of screeming tojos off their carriers, befowling the air and...and...'nothing to fear but fear itself.'

I retired to the air-conditioned truck and phoned a friend, seeking solace and advice. I needed the scope of my search on this 'madre' narrowed a bit. Got it. Went back. Endured more merciless bombing and straffing, but eventually found it. And there's another cache in this park?

Excellent hide friend. And while the beetles remain, the difficult here is a five (5). LOL.