2007 Geocaching Jeep Exchange

I hope that this is the right forum, since the other Jeep thread is here, instead of in the TB forum... if not I am sure a Moderator will move it!

CacheMail is what I call giving a TB the mission of traveling from one cacher to another via geocaches.

The new Jeeps are named after geographic locations, mine is named after the Holmes Dead River in Georgia.

I live in Alabama and want to log a Jeep from my state.

What I propose is that we log here where our Jeep is from to create an exchange list, and assign them a mission to go to someone in the appropriate state who has ours... mine would have the mission of traveling to a cacher near the Holmes Dead River, someone who lives near there (or at least in Georgia) and has an Alabama Jeep would task theirs to come to a cache near me.

Anyone in Georgia want to CacheMail an Alabama Jeep this way?

Where is your Jeep named? Maybe you can arrange an exchange for one named near you!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Good Idea. If the person receiving is paying for shipping. I am not.

I still havent gotten mine, but if I do and its an Alabama - I'll surely send it along your way.

Even if I have to pay that whopping 1.20 to mail it. . . <_<

I find it highly unlikely you will be able to make a straight exchange like that, I think realistically you'll be looking at a multi cacher swap. IE, rambler sends his towards Georgia and someone in California sends one to Alabama while someone in Texas sends one to California etc, until finally someone in Vermont sends one to Alabama.

Should be fun anyway, if MINE ever arrives in the mail. THey must be shipping alphabetically.

Nope, no mailing involved, the phrase CacheMail may be confusing some.

I mean to put the Jeep in a cache with a mission statement (a laminated tag describing it's intended destination) of traveling from cache to cache to reach the person who is sending theirs to me.

I have done this with several cachers; Planet's CacheMail (TBC934 ) was a golf ball that I sent her - it took from 12/18/03 to 04/25/04, traveling 1904 miles in 51 hops to get to her, but it did!

She CacheMailed it on to Pyewacket, but it's gotten stuck in GCC5

So CacheMail works, it just may take a bit longer than the post office!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

How would you designate the Jeep's mission since you can't change it on the mission page (or can you)?? By putting it in a bag with an insert? Is there a link to a master list with the names of all the Red Jeeps? By the way, I have Colorado River (UT)!