Travel Bug Size Limit?

La_tigress

My wife and I own a large TB spa and have seen several large bugs over the last year.

To answer your question, someone will find a way to get your Build-A-Bear TB into a cache. More than likely it will wind up travelling from event to event.

Here's the heaviest bug I've ever come across:

2fb5cfc9-3933-4453-b2fd-fa24e0152981.jpg

Took 2 strong men to carry it at GW5...

and here it is in our cache, along with a large frog TB:

6ca1dc95-d3c3-45a8-a7f2-746209cfbb29.jpg

Just for reference, that's a 7.62mm ammo can inside there... The cache container is a turtle sandbox, LOL.

My wife and I own a large TB spa and have seen several large bugs over the last year.

To answer your question, someone will find a way to get your Build-A-Bear TB into a cache. More than likely it will wind up travelling from event to event.

Here's the heaviest bug I've ever come across:

2fb5cfc9-3933-4453-b2fd-fa24e0152981.jpg

Took 2 strong men to carry it at GW5...

and here it is in our cache, along with a large frog TB:

6ca1dc95-d3c3-45a8-a7f2-746209cfbb29.jpg

Just for reference, that's a 7.62mm ammo can inside there... The cache container is a turtle sandbox, LOL.

I almost took the train rail, and I DID take the frog with me back to Texas. I sprung it on Mustard Devil. His log was pretty funny.

One problem with using cute stuffed type animals as a TB.... sometimes they are so cute that people just don't put them back in the wild! The forums are full of TB disappearances....

It seems that often the mundane items go farther.... at least farther than a kid's playroom.

At any rate, have fun!

I have a large TB, it is a Canadian Megabug and I actually three TB tags to make it, the idea behind using three tags was that it would be an inducement for cachers to pick it up. It consists of a piece of a rail called "The Big Steel Rail" which just fits into a .50 CAL ammo can called "Gonna Carry Me Home". Inside the ammo can there is a log book in a steel tin called "To the One I Love". The three TB tags stay together and the Megabug is called the "Steel Rail Blues". The Steel Rail Blues is a song by Canadian artist Gordon Lightfoot and the opening line of the song is "The big steel rail gonna carry me home to the one I love."

It isn't big so much as heavy, it is very heavy. It is supposed to travel from cacher to cacher and it did get left in a cache once. I had to drive 3 hours and then lug the triple TB back out, I hated me for that!

Edited by wavector