Premium upgrade

Reverend Mark

I'm sorry to put this up on the forum but since I've not have much luck with direct contact I thought maybe somebody here might take notice.

I paid for a year premium subscription 10 days ago, and despite having a receipt from paypal I've not been able to activate the subscription.

I mailed Groundspeak with the paypal receipt and got no response.

I created a ticket in their support system and got a response saying they'd be happy to look into it if I provided the subscription id (which I did) then nothing.

I've mailed again today in response to that request, but maybe if I post here somebody might take notice!

At the risk of upsetting people, my experience of the customer service here has been less that satisfactory. I upgraded because I was going away for the weekend, but found that I couldn't access the premium features before I left. Now I have a bank holiday weekend to go out, but still no access to things like the Pocket Queries or routes..

c'mon Groundspeak, sort it out! PLEASE!

It's a long (3-4 days for most people) holiday weekend here in the US as well.

Not only that, it's the weekend of GeoWoodstock, the largest geocaching event in the world, and I believe most of the staff has traveled 3000 miles to attend that event, so the office probably closed Thursday or Friday.

For what it's worth, I think the premium membership through paypal is fairly automated. You should have got an activation code back after you paid. You need to enter that code into the website to activate the services. If you didn't get the code, check your spam filters, sometimes valid email gets trapped as well.

Edited by Mopar

My own 2 cents since I just re-newed my premium membership 3 days ago.

It's not automatic.

Pay by paypal and the email address associated with your paypal account (not necessarily the same email address associated with your geocaching account) will receive a message.

Mine is connected to my bank and I got the s-code without any wait.

You then MUST go to geocaching.com, log in, click on my account, click on upgrade membership, and then enter that multi digit s-code. Then you are instantly a premium member, for a month or a year or forever if you choose subscription.

It's not automatic.

Pay by paypal and the email address associated with your paypal account (not necessarily the same email address associated with your geocaching account) will receive a message.

Mine is connected to my bank and I got the s-code without any wait.

You then MUST go to geocaching.com, log in, click on my account, click on upgrade membership, and then enter that multi digit s-code. Then you are instantly a premium member, for a month or a year or forever if you choose subscription.

Forever? Do they offer lifetime memberships now? I haven't paid much attention to things for awhile.

I'm sorry to put this up on the forum but since I've not have much luck with direct contact I thought maybe somebody here might take notice.

I paid for a year premium subscription 10 days ago, and despite having a receipt from paypal I've not been able to activate the subscription.

I mailed Groundspeak with the paypal receipt and got no response.

I created a ticket in their support system and got a response saying they'd be happy to look into it if I provided the subscription id (which I did) then nothing.

I've mailed again today in response to that request, but maybe if I post here somebody might take notice!

At the risk of upsetting people, my experience of the customer service here has been less that satisfactory. I upgraded because I was going away for the weekend, but found that I couldn't access the premium features before I left. Now I have a bank holiday weekend to go out, but still no access to things like the Pocket Queries or routes..

c'mon Groundspeak, sort it out! PLEASE!

If you will PM me the ticket number you received today when you emailed contact@geocaching,com I will try to help you. It is possible that it will have to wait until the office opens but I will try.

Nah, its not automated. I did get the S- number from Paypal, but the geocaching web site just says that the subscription does not exist.

The Paypal account contains funds, so no payment clearance is required.

I've PM'd Michael, so hopefully he can help me.. :rolleyes:

]\/[.

Nah, its not automated. I did get the S- number from Paypal, but the geocaching web site just says that the subscription does not exist.

]\/[.

You wrote to Groundspeak on the 23. One of the support staff replied with a question on the same day at 11:48 am PDT. They have not received a reply to the email. Check your spam filters and your email account. You need to reply to the email to resolve this. Unfortunately it will have to wait until Tuesday when the office opens.

Yes, I did get that message. I replied within 2 hours. Perhaps you could try checking your spam filters too???

]\/[.

You wrote to Groundspeak on the 23. One of the support staff replied with a question on the same day at 11:48 am PDT. They have not received a reply to the email. Check your spam filters and your email account. You need to reply to the email to resolve this. Unfortunately it will have to wait until Tuesday when the office opens.

If fact if you look at my initial post here, you might notice that I mention I received an email asking for the subscription id, and also that I replied.

Yes, I did get that message. I replied within 2 hours. Perhaps you could try checking your spam filters too???

]\/[.

For what it's worth, I think the premium membership through paypal is fairly automated. You should have got an activation code back after you paid. You need to enter that code into the website to activate the services. If you didn't get the code, check your spam filters, sometimes valid email gets trapped as well.

It's not automatic.

Nah, its not automated.

I meant automated on Groundspeak's end. As in paying via paypal doesn't require a human being at gc.com to turn on the premium features. You paypal, you get the code, enter the code into the website and it's on. Obviously that doesn't seem to be happening in this case, but for 1000s of other people it works just fine.

I've resent it, sent it to Michael, also sent it to Michael as a PM on here.

And before you suggest it, I have also checked that my mails are being received elsewhere....

I will send it again. Again......

I think you need to check your system.

Mark.

Hi Reverend Mark,

I'm sorry, but we didn't receive your reply. If you would, please send again and I'll be happy to investigate this issue for you.