Log cache help please

I just recently hid a very hard geocache in the park down the road here in NJ. You have to balance across a log laying over a river to get to it. It was published on Apr.28 and some cacher from colorado loged a FTF for Apr.27.

Should I delete this log all it says is...

"FTF on bus trip nice area"

I just recently hid a very hard geocache in the park down the road here in NJ. You have to balance across a log laying over a river to get to it. It was published on Apr.28 and some cacher from colorado loged a FTF for Apr.27.

If it is just down the road - go take a look at the physical log and see if the guy signed it.

Are you positive they didn't log this cache?

They could have logged the wrong date, though it should have the current date as default.

I have never deleted a log at all, but I certainly would never delete one unless I was 100% sure their name wasn't on the log. Just go out and check the cache and then you'll know.

It is a hard cache to get to? You planted it didn't you? Were you planning on NEVER going back there again? :D

I've got a couple of difficult caches that I maintain, but I don't plan to return to them every other day. :blink:

But I wouldn't delete the log without checking the physical log either. If it's bothering the OP that much, a visit to the cache would be in order.

I don't really get the problem. If it's bothering you THAT much, go out to the cache, check the log, and see if he actually signed it or not. If not, delete his log (if it means that much to you). If he did, there is no issue. It's really simple, at least it seems simple to me.

If the cache is too hard to get to that you are reluctant to perform maintenance and check on it when things like this come up, maybe you should have placed it somewhere else, hmm?

I don't get the two previous posts that seem a little negative about going and visiting the cache. :shocked:

This probably isn't the instance, but what if the cache is a 5 mile hike to get there? What if although he can do maintenance the cache is 20 miles from where he lives? When you place a cache do you plan on visiting it all the time? Unless its in your backyard i think you wouldn't. But that doesn't mean that you wouldn't be willing to visit it whenever it needs maintenance.

I don't get the two previous posts that seem a little negative about going and visiting the cache. :shocked:

This probably isn't the instance, but what if the cache is a 5 mile hike to get there? What if although he can do maintenance the cache is 20 miles from where he lives? When you place a cache do you plan on visiting it all the time? Unless its in your backyard i think you wouldn't. But that doesn't mean that you wouldn't be willing to visit it whenever it needs maintenance.

I didn't mean to sound 'negative', but I can't believe there is any issue here. If there is doubt and worry that the cache was logged falsely, then the only way I can see to resolve it is to make a trek out to the cache and verify the logbook. If the owner doesn't care to do that, fine. But, what else can be done?

We could 'what if' this to death, but does that verify the logbook was signed? No.

And, yes, when I place a cache, I plan on visiting it for maintenance and when it's been reported as missing. If someone wants to log a find without actually finding it, that's on them. I'm not going to physically match the logbook to the computer log. I don't care how other people play this game.

Edited by Always & Forever 5

What? :o

My post? :(

I didn't say anything about checking or not checking the cache. I just said, I was now curious.

Or, maybe he didn't have computer access until he got home to Colorado and got his dates mixed up when he logged it.

Exaxtly. Happens all the time. The only way to prove that she or he did not actually find the cache, if that is what you suspect may have happened, is to go check your log book for the requisite signature.