small bags for caching

Hobby Lobby also has some that are very cheap. I got 100 of them for 50 cents.

Just a note on Hobby Lobby. I am not a regular customer as they are not terribly close to where i live. Last Sunday we traveled about 20 miles one way to go to the HL closest to us. To our surprise they are closed on Sundays. :blink: I was beside myself in disbelief. This was in a large shopping area and i had never heard of any larger type stores in our area closed on Sundays like this. I guess they dont expect people with hobbies to need their products on Sunday.

Ignore the "DRUGGIE" jokes.

Really, WAL-MART, craft section. Ask the little old ladies who work there where to find them. My local store has two sizes, "Regular" & "Micro".

GM

Thanks...will go there and look...I was afraid there would be a bunch of druggie jokes....guess I was right huh? Thanks again.

Ignore the "DRUGGIE" jokes.

Really, WAL-MART, craft section. Ask the little old ladies who work there where to find them. My local store has two sizes, "Regular" & "Micro".

GM

Thanks...will go there and look...I was afraid there would be a bunch of druggie jokes....guess I was right huh? Thanks again.

Sorry, I'll try to actually be funny next time. :blink:

In my defense, this very recent post asking the same question was willing to make the joke from the start...

Just a note on Hobby Lobby. I am not a regular customer as they are not terribly close to where i live. Last Sunday we traveled about 20 miles one way to go to the HL closest to us. To our surprise they are closed on Sundays. :shocked: I was beside myself in disbelief. This was in a large shopping area and i had never heard of any larger type stores in our area closed on Sundays like this. I guess they dont expect people with hobbies to need their products on Sunday.

Hobby Lobby is really serious about Sundays. On several occasions, I've been in the area doing other errands and popped over to Hobby Lobby only to be greeted by the sign that basically says:

We're closed today because we're not heathens like you.

Hobby Lobby is really serious about Sundays. On several occasions, I've been in the area doing other errands and popped over to Hobby Lobby only to be greeted by the sign that basically says:

I love it- that was very funny. :shocked::(

What i dont get, is that you would figure most people work during the week, so they would hobby on the weekend. Its like a dinner restaurant that is only open M-TH.

I guess i could respect their sign if all their employees worshipped on Sunday. But i doubt that happens and it doesnt take all day to worship (for most people anyways.)

I love it- that was very funny. :shocked::(

What i dont get, is that you would figure most people work during the week, so they would hobby on the weekend. Its like a dinner restaurant that is only open M-TH.

I guess i could respect their sign if all their employees worshipped on Sunday. But i doubt that happens and it doesnt take all day to worship (for most people anyways.)

Take a look at their website. They take the Sabbath seriously.
Take a look at their website. They take the Sabbath seriously.
Thats kind of ironic i think. If they were religious they would know that the sabbath was originally on Saturday and not Sunday. Either way its frustrating to at least some shoppers.
Originally denoting Saturday, the seventh day of the week (or, more precisely, the time period from Friday sunset to Saturday nightfall), the term "sabbath" can now mean one of several things, depending on the context and the speaker:
  • Saturday as above, in reference to the Jewish day of rest, also observed by some Christian groups;
  • Sunday, as a synonym for "the Lord's Day" in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ, for most other Christian groups ;
  • Any day of rest, prayer, worship or ritual, as in "Friday is the Muslim Sabbath"

Edited by sbell111

Just a note on Hobby Lobby. I am not a regular customer as they are not terribly close to where i live. Last Sunday we traveled about 20 miles one way to go to the HL closest to us. To our surprise they are closed on Sundays. :shocked: I was beside myself in disbelief. This was in a large shopping area and i had never heard of any larger type stores in our area closed on Sundays like this. I guess they dont expect people with hobbies to need their products on Sunday.

Hobby Lobby was started by someone from my home of origin. I didn't know them personally, but I knew the family. That is, or was anyway, there exact attitude. :( Oh well to each his own.

Yeah i understand- it was originally Saturday, but adpapted to Sunday because it was more convenient.

I would say more but i dont want to start a religious debate... ;)

... or get further off topic?

Actually, if you read sbell111's quote, it actually says it was moved in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ, not for convenience. He even put it in bold print... :unsure:

Speaking of convenience, you can pick up small bags at Wal-Mart, who, while painted by many as an evil company, always, always, always bent over backwards (in my personal experience) to let people who wanted to observe the Sabbath (me) have the day off. Fortunately for the stores I worked in, I was one of the few (in my 10 year stint there) who went to church on a regular basis. :blink: