Regional Forums With the UK

Please, don't close any existing forums, anyone. We have no wish to tread on anyone's toes or "jump on the bandwagon".

I've put this back to the committee, and we'll rethink. We certainly don't want to cause the shutting down of any existing forums or take people away from them, only to ensure that any area that wants one has its own forum.

Having read through this thread, it seems to me that the way to go might be that we provide forums for any areas that haven't got ones but want them, and provide links (as Tony has suggested) to existing regional forums.

---

Bill, Chairman GAGB

I don't think I'll bother.
My comment was not made at Rutson/Yorks, and I apologise if others took it the wrong way.

My point is that isn't there enough caching forums already? IMHO It's defragmenting this forum and I for one have enough caching sites/forums to log into already. Can't these splinter groups be incorporated into separate topics here?

We could end up with one for each area/county/city at this rate!

Jon

I don't think I'll bother.
My comment was not made at Rutson/Yorks, and I apologise if others took it the wrong way.

My point is that isn't there enough caching forums already? IMHO It's defragmenting this forum and I for one have enough caching sites/forums to log into already. Can't these splinter groups be incorporated into separate topics here?

We could end up with one for each area/county/city at this rate!

Jon

Like this maybe ?

But as its been asked of the TPTB before i guess it will get as far as the counties request or the mega cache request or many other non USA centric requests on this site :lol:

Great Plains

Talk Geocaching in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.

Forum Led by: Electric Mouse 592 2,964 Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Midwest

Talk Geocaching in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Forum Led by: *gln, WGA, CYBret 1,648 15,905 Today, 11:10 AM

New England

Talk Geocaching in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Forum Led by: NJ Admin 1,994 20,509 Today, 02:39 AM

Northeast

Talk Geocaching in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, DC, and West Virginia.

Forum Led by: Keystone, NJ Admin 3,643 41,642 Today, 05:02 AM

Northwest

Talk Geocaching in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.

Forum Led by: Moun10Bike, Team Misguided, MT Fellwalker 2,979 51,466 Today, 10:56 AM

South and Southeast

Talk Geocaching in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and

Texas.

Forum Led by: Crow T Robot, KY Admin, Max Cacher 2,351 13,367 Today, 05:18 AM

West and Southwest

Talk Geocaching in Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.

Forum Led by: Hemlock, Moose Mob 2,150 53,541 Today, 06:32 AM

GAGB wish to provide regional facilities for cachers who require them and don't have them, without interfering with or detracting from existing facilities. We also wish to point cachers who're looking for regional facilities that already exist in the right direction.

We've had some very fruitful discussion amongst the committee and with others today, and we think we have a solution that should be satisfactory to everyone. We need to take a formal vote, and when we have done I'll post again here.

Apologies for cross-posting.

---

Bill, Chairman GAGB