What's going on with Today's Cacher?

Unfortunately, back in December, El Diablo said that they would not be able to publish anymore.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=150933

Hopefully they can come back in the future.

That's too bad. While I did not read it each and every month, I did enjoy dropping by every now and then to have a look. Hopefully it will come back....

If someone with deep pockets comes along, there is a chance.

FYI--the archives (and the actual site) are hosted on my server, and will remain available for the forseeable future.

I'll try to get the last few issues PDF'd, and "zip" up the archives for downloading as well.

That's awesome news. Lots of great info and articles there. I'd hate for us to lose all that.

FYI--the archives (and the actual site) are hosted on my server, and will remain available for the forseeable future.

I'll try to get the last few issues PDF'd, and "zip" up the archives for downloading as well.

That's awesome news. Lots of great info and articles there. I'd hate for us to lose all that.

Yes. It is good to know that the archives will stay up.

The magazine was a lot of fun, and also a tremendous amount of work. Unfortunately even though we had a fairly good size staff, it was never large enough. We continually tried to recruit people to help, but we had a difficult time finding people. There were many volunteers, but little follow through.

We set the bar with our first issue and then continually tried to raise it every month until it really became overwhelming. We all had full time jobs, familes, and personal life's. Only the staff of the magazine will ever actually understand the hard work and dedication that went into it's publishing.

Maybe one day me, Geoworms, Doc Dean, Sept1c_tank, CarleenP, and Briansnat will sit down and after a few cold ones decide to jump back in the the adventure again. Meanwhile...enjoy the archives.

El Diablo

The magazine was a lot of fun, and also a tremendous amount of work. Unfortunately even though we had a fairly good size staff, it was never large enough. We continually tried to recruit people to help, but we had a difficult time finding people. There were many volunteers, but little follow through.

We set the bar with our first issue and then continually tried to raise it every month until it really became overwhelming. We all had full time jobs, familes, and personal life's. Only the staff of the magazine will ever actually understand the hard work and dedication that went into it's publishing.

Maybe one day me, Geoworms, Doc Dean, Sept1c_tank, CarleenP, and Briansnat will sit down and after a few cold ones decide to jump back in the the adventure again. Meanwhile...enjoy the archives.

El Diablo

If you ever do, and you have an alternative "meeting" method available other than Yahoo, please feel free to tap me for helping out! I would've loved to help out with it, but the Yahoo Meeting thing just wouldn't work for me. :D

Maybe one day me, Geoworms, Doc Dean, Sept1c_tank, CarleenP, and Briansnat will sit down and after a few cold ones decide to jump back in the the adventure again.

El Diablo

:)

Oops I forgot one of our main stars. :mad: Criminal was an original staffer and had huge following of readers, more than any other staff writer. He always showed up every Wednesday for the meetings. Never mind that everyone else showed up on Tuesday. :(

I'm sorry I forgot to mention you Chris. You were a huge part of the magazine and will be again if the time ever comes to revive it.

El Diablo

Maybe one day me, Geoworms, Doc Dean, Sept1c_tank, CarleenP, and Briansnat will sit down and after a few cold ones decide to jump back in the the adventure again.

El Diablo

;)

Oops I forgot one of our main stars. :P Criminal was an original staffer and had huge following of readers, more than any other staff writer. He always showed up every Wednesday for the meetings. Never mind that everyone else showed up on Tuesday. :)

I'm sorry I forgot to mention you Chris. You were a huge part of the magazine and will be again if the time ever comes to revive it.

El Diablo

Never mind. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Pyewacket

I too hope to see its return, but as an online-only medium with little but hosting costs.

I was a subscriber and will be again, should it return, but could never understand the move to print at a time when so many print publications are failing due to online competition.

Even in its infancy the magazine had value - entertainment and education, and I hope to see that revived.