GeoCoin Contest

GeoSmurfz

Hello All, I see how much fun it looks like people are having trying to win GeoCoins. So I thought I would join in and give away a few of my Top40 Geocoins. The first person to get the right answer to my questions right will win one. Only one coin per person. If you have traded for my coin please don't enter to give someone a chance to get my coin. I am trying to keep all questions to music since it was a record style GeoCoin. Please post answers here!!!

Here is alittle help with the questions that I have so far. Turntablist = A DJ that scratches like in old school rap (Such as Jam Master Jay from Run DMC and no this will not be an answer).

Good luck all. :smile:

First Question: Who was the first Turntablist to ever scratch a record?

I may except one of two answers to this question.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

John Cage

More info....

"The history of the turntable being used as a musical instrument has its roots dating back to the 1940s and 1950s when musique concrète and other experimental composers (such as John Cage and Pierre Schaeffer), used them in a manner similar to that of today's producers and DJs, by essentially sampling and creating music that was entirely produced by the turntable."

Last one maybe more another day.

Who was the artist that got sued for using another group’s song without permission? This case also changed the use of sampling. You were able to sample up to 15 seconds of a song until this lawsuit cause he used the whole song and words and instrumental.

Name the artist that stole the song, group that wrote the song, and song.

Will also throw in a sig item if you can tell me where the group that first did the song is from.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

Who was the artist that got sued for using another group’s song without permission? This case also changed the use of sampling. You were able to sample up to 15 seconds of a song until this lawsuit cause he used the whole song and words and instrumental.

Will also throw in a sig item if you can tell me where the group that first did the song is from.

2 Live Crew,

Roy Orbison

Pretty Woman

:smile:

2 Live Crew,

Roy Orbison

Pretty Woman

:smile:

Born in Vernon Texas.