Newbie: Garmin GPS 60cx - Trip and Waypoint Manager disc missing

DodgerBlues

You can get the Topo maps on eBay for a good price. They do not have an Unlock code, so as long as the CDs are in good condition, you can get a deal.

For the City Navigator maps, see if you can find a deal on the auto-navigation kit with the cigarette-lighter adapter and beanbag mount. I paid less than $150.00 for something that would have cost a lot more if I purchased the items individually.

Don't get those maps used. They have Unlock codes. You will want to buy them brand new.

You can get the Topo maps on eBay for a good price. They do not have an Unlock code, so as long as the CDs are in good condition, you can get a deal.

For the City Navigator maps, see if you can find a deal on the auto-navigation kit with the cigarette-lighter adapter and beanbag mount. I paid less than $150.00 for something that would have cost a lot more if I purchased the items individually.

Don't get those maps used. They have Unlock codes. You will want to buy them brand new.

ok. i was a bit confused. TOPO Maps i can buy used with no need for an unlock code.

Now, the City Navigator, i need an unlock code. Is that code assigned to the map or the Garmin unit?

My buddy has had this GPS for a few months now and we did a swap. He cant find the Mapsource Trip and Waypoint Manager disc and doesnt know where he put it...... Is that important. I know nothing about this GPS or technology. Newbie here. Any answers would be great. Thanks!!

The "trip and waypoint manager" is just another name for MapSource, without any maps. You can download it for free from the Garmin site.