CONTEST: Design MY Signature Coin

Snoogans

untitled.jpg

Made the whole in the 'A' a bit bigger...

Even better. Can you move the WUZ HERE up a bit and make the tale of the Z cut 50/50 betwen the bottom of the N & S whthout getting the W too close to the tongue? That will save some space and look even better. The effect it will have is the image can be bigger in the actual pressed coin with that little adjustment.

I know I'm undercutting myslef, but I couldn't help trying. What about a line drawing along the lines of the pic below?

snoogansoutsidethebox.jpg

Hmmmmm, The concept I get from that is "Snoogans is an old lemon." :P

I drive a 2005 Xterra. :D

c64bdc87-c8e8-44cb-a3d0-87ce5aa17bd7.jpg

I do like the font though! Very nice.

Edited by Snoogans
I know I'm undercutting myslef, but I couldn't help trying. What about a line drawing along the lines of the pic below?

snoogansoutsidethebox.jpg

Hmmmmm, The concept I get from that is "Snoogans is an old lemon." :laughing:

I drive a 2005 Xterra. :laughing:

c64bdc87-c8e8-44cb-a3d0-87ce5aa17bd7.jpg

I do like the font though! Very nice.

]

I don't know much about cars, but on your profile page I read a little about an 1960s Oldmobile F-85 so...

Coming up with the adjustments on the other design.

snoogans.jpg

Is that a tree or a mushroom cloud, 'cuz I sorta fancy it as a mushroom cloud. :(:)

Okayyy I think this is going to be my NEW coin design instead. :D

APRIL FOOLS!!! :)

General_tupperware with 50 coins

501 Gang with 20 coins

Thot with 20 coins

Great teamwork guys!

I got my "Snoogans wuz here" smashed coin die in the mail just before I left on my honeymoon. I have not rolled a single coin yet, but I will this weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as I start rolling them out.

Start figuring out which coins you want for your prize guys. I'll be in touch in about a week when I'm ready to ship.

Here are the finished coins:

09d1af12-d32e-4a77-a82b-df6ebb76ffba.jpg

78e05ab7-bd43-4c40-9ee5-9490e39b30f6.jpg

3f01fe38-72f4-4b90-b831-bb8c402b15f2.jpg

6ce45174-b892-4689-a74b-d0d4561b17b6.jpg

The name of my business is a play on that backside image: PRESS Your Luck!

That's just what I had in my pocket. I have 10 more designs and 1 different backside image.

I may try for a 13th coin using the 2 backside images.

Edited by Snoogans
They are very nice Snoogans! :laughing:

I love my set of them. The 2-tone one turned out so cool. :laughing:

That's a Mexican 2 Peso piece. If you look closely on the front image, the 2 is quite visible. :laughing:

That was the very FIRST production run of my geocaching coins. I had never used those dies before that morning. :laughing:

I'm glad you like them. They were made quite hastily without much QC. Except for all the nice trades I got, I felt like a wasted the entire event in my vendor tent cranking out coins to trade. You got the other backside image too. I wasn't quite sure how to change the bottom die at GW5. That was not covered in the video. So I didn't try. I'm glad I didn't too. I have to completely dismantle the machine to change it.

BTW- The HGCS.org die I used there has been replaced, so you have a limited run collector's item. The die was damaged at the factory and they replaced it. Look at the "N" in found. It's messed up.

Pennies from retired dies can become quite valuable over time. Less than 1,000 were pressed.

Can't wait to see them in person!

I am right in the middle of my first commercial production run. I did my only promotional run at GW5. I worked myself into the ground there.

I have one die finished and I started on another today. It takes awhile to make a run and document it. I have been cranking out coins daily for the past 7 days. I plan to run the second die short so I can complete some sets with the third die to send out to folks I've promised coins to right away.

You, GT, Thot, 9Key, 007 top the list. I will include one of the retired HGCS.org coins with yours.

Oh yeah...

I almost forgot about these. When you've pressed them all, post it here (I'm watching the topic) so I know, please. I've barely gone on the forums in a while.

Thanks,

GT

I'll be finishing up my production run this weekend to fill some promises and trades first thing Monday.

Here are a few more teasers. I'm finding out what works well and what doesn't through my press. I love to smash Pesos, but surprisingly, Dave & Buster's gaming tokens work reeeeeally well:

A Bahamian Coin

38afa2b0-8860-43c9-99f8-df12bd027ee6.jpg

c6b41132-569f-4268-8150-97ccb7e1ffe5.jpg

da2d213d-a0b1-420e-bcf4-85b995c93535.jpg

bcfb6191-02ca-4f63-a9fe-112f8a8d76fc.jpg

The die for this coin was damaged at the factory and has already been replaced, but I haven't used it yet.

fdc2cc37-b497-4200-9a42-8deef7f97c8e.jpg

A D&B Gaming token

38d96f76-868d-4f20-989b-8192b4b8f71f.jpg

86f749b7-ec50-4697-a15b-9ce993d2325b.jpg

My favorite sig coin is the 2 peso piece. These will be rare and given away as an extreme compliment to whomever receives one. <_<

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

So Snoogs I'm looken to get my hands on a few of these beauties at the event on Sunday : )

Pepper

Pepper,

YOU can have my personal 2 peso coin. It's the exact same one pictured on this thread. I'll roll myself another one for the next deserving person. <_<

(Note to self: Get on over to the Mexican Consolate and get some more pesos.)

Last 4 coins:

89c9de5f-9593-4b27-a4f8-d4f089fa29c2.jpg

e9ff8b14-1158-4d7d-8d7b-dfc8e5bc1d57.jpg

6e2757e5-788c-42d1-817c-d114ca53ed76.jpg

3b38ade5-9599-43e9-9742-b78854f0c861.jpg

I'll post a pic of the undamaged HGCS.org coin once I start making them.

I may try to make a 13th coin out of the 2 backside images, but it may not work very well since they have no catch notch to drag the coin through the dies.