Groundspeak Weekly Notification

SilverMarc

Each week the Groundspeak Weekly Notification arrives by email, but because there is no "space" after each new cache's URL, the link connects with the mileage on the next line. Clicking the link fails unless I manually delete the last few characters which are usually something like "98.9mi"

This is what the incorrect links look like in the email I receive:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b17bc98b-b32b-48a2-87cc-f1a4deb40045

98.9mi

If you could program in a simple "space" character after each URL I believe this wouldn't happen.

Thanks, and happy caching!

--Marc

March 16, 2007 @ 11:44 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Each week the Groundspeak Weekly Notification arrives by email, but because there is no "space" after each new cache's URL, the link connects with the mileage on the next line. Clicking the link fails unless I manually delete the last few characters which are usually something like "98.9mi"

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b17bc98b-b32b-48a2-87cc-f1a4deb40045

98.9mi

If you could program in a simple "space" character after each URL I believe this wouldn't happen.

--Marc

I'm not seeing this happen with mine. Fwiw though, just to keep TPTB advised, I'm still receiving my weekly notice embedded in another message with that Symantec message:

This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

Unknown00000000.data was not scanned for viruses because too many nested levels of files were found.

I just got my notification just a few hours ago and all the links were just fine except one! That one included the distance as part of the URL just as described above! I thought it was a little odd, but nothing that can't be fixed by the user (myself) manually taking out the 96.7mi from the address and then going with it!

98.9mi

--Marc

I'm not seeing it either. Try a smarter email client.

I use GMail, which people in this forum recommended as THE e-mail addy to get GC.com messages. I left AOL behind.

But today, more than 10% of the links in my weekly cache notification were broken by virtue of including the "distance" numbers.

So what is a smarter e-mail than GMail?

I get my email through my ISP, www.intergate.com, and use Eudora as my email client. I can't remember ever having any problems receiving my email or my PQs. :D

I use GMail, which people in this forum recommended as THE e-mail addy to get GC.com messages. I left AOL behind.

But today, more than 10% of the links in my weekly cache notification were broken by virtue of including the "distance" numbers.

What type of email are you requesting? (Text format or HTML format?)

What type of email are you requesting? (Text format or HTML format?)

My account settings ask for site e-mails to be sent in HTML format.

I've noticed this same problem. My last notification had about 5 links that were messed up with the distance.

For those who are seeing this, what do you use for your email? I have a gmail account.

Actually, I just pulled the notification into MS Outlook which read the links properly. Looks like a gmail issue. :ph34r: