Is caching "helping" your marriage

No! but then again I wasn't married. I was with my boyfriend for over 3 years and I finally broke it off because he hated to go geocaching and he would rather play videogames....so i ended it. He always said we were going to get married :laughing: I think not, we never liked the same things and geocaching made me realize this.

:) Thanks geocaching!! :laughing:

Edited by Tigeradgirl

It's hard to say...our marriage is very good and had a solid foundation prior to geocaching. My wife doesn't enjoy caching all that much...in fact, in and of itself she doesn't care for it significantly, but she enjoys watching the kids have a great time and getting out for the walk. And, honestly, she's warmed up to the actual caching a bit.

I wouldn't say geocaching itself has helped, but it's been a great avenue for us to continue to grow our family.

We will be married 60 years this December. I have had a lot of hobbies which she went along but didn't participate. When I bought my first airplane she decided she wanted to get her pilot's license and did when she was over 50. I think we enjoyed flying more than any other activity. We are now in our 80's and don't fly anymore. We enjoy

traveling in our Roadtrek RV and geocaching. I have been geocaching over five years and she has just now started to want to also geocache. I have never pushed her to join me in any hobby. This summer we are looking forward to traveling to pick up the states we haven't cached in. This past weekend we went to the local shooting range and she is learning to shoot our 5 inch Walther P22 and will be taking some classes in gun safety etc. She is a great gal and I am glad she is now interested in Geocachng.

We will be married 60 years this December. I have had a lot of hobbies which she went along but didn't participate. When I bought my first airplane she decided she wanted to get her pilot's license and did when she was over 50. I think we enjoyed flying more than any other activity. We are now in our 80's and don't fly anymore. We enjoy

traveling in our Roadtrek RV and geocaching. I have been geocaching over five years and she has just now started to want to also geocache. I have never pushed her to join me in any hobby. This summer we are looking forward to traveling to pick up the states we haven't cached in. This past weekend we went to the local shooting range and she is learning to shoot our 5 inch Walther P22 and will be taking some classes in gun safety etc. She is a great gal and I am glad she is now interested in Geocachng.

Wow, W7WT! It sounds like you two have a great marriage! It's so nice to hear things like that.

We really enjoy geocaching together; we started the hobby almost exactly a year ago. Our youngest daughter was just about to graduate and would be staying to take a teaching job in NC, where she went to college. We were worrying a bit about the "empty nest syndrome" so geocaching was a great new activity to get us out of the house on the weekends. We aren't the fastest cachers around, but we usually spend one weekend day on it, weather permitting. We've hidden 11 caches of our own in our local area and enjoy reading the log entries for those, too.

I'm a little surprised that more married couples don't geocache together. We don't treat it like a competition or worry about how many we have logged. Most times, we celebrate with a nice dinner at a restaurant on the way home from a geocaching day!

(We just celebrated our 38th anniversary.)

Edited by The VanDucks

Ahh, so jealous that W7WT is living "our dream." A few more years until we're ready to retire, but we've already begun shopping for the RV. :) Funny that since I've introduced RenoStar to geocaching a Nav system has become a required option! I think Geocaching works better with a Pilot & Navigator and I wouldn't want to spend my Geotime with anyone else.

Interesting, Here is my story

I found out about geocaching after our youngest got out of school. Me and my X were looking for things to do together (I thought) She came up with Square Dancing and School, I came up with geocaching and went along with the dancing thing.

Well she was a natural at Square Dancing while me, I was all left feet but I kept trying. She started out liking geocaching but the dancing and school always seemed to get in the way of it. She started telling me that I should go and she would do her own thing. Nothing seemed to be wrong and we both had fun.

About 3 months later some strange things started happening but nothing that really couldent be explained.

5 months later I started thinking somthing was going on and then I knew.

I found out that she was seeing this guy and that they were having an affair. I came very close to ending it my own way with him but then had the better judgment that it wasnt worth it.

We were divorced about 10 months later.

She does not have much to do with her family, our sons or grandsons.

Was it geocaching that did this, NO. Will it help, probably not.