Design an icon contest!

UOTrackers

My last post in this thread.

<snip>

I certainly learned that it definitely didn't serve my best interest to share an idea as many are picking up the idea as their own. Now I will bow out and learn to keep my mouth shut in the future. <_< Good luck to everyone. :(

Jay,

Why? You had a great idea and some others took it an ran with it. Some others took those others' idea and modified them and re-posted. Then others took the others' idea and so on and so on. This being a contest thread, it's the IDEA that matters, and UOtrackers will have the final say in the winner(s?).

It's not like the fact that yours was the initial idea is going to be lost anywhere. I appreciate the storm of ideas that come from threads like this and how people play off of the theme. It's what makes this forum fun! And isn't that what this coin is all about anyway?

So, here's my new idea for coin name:

"Forum Fun Geocoin"

Coin Name -- Groundspeak Geogabbers

Icon Design -- Stamp idea (big surprise) with the Groundspeak logo though it is unlikely I will receive recognition for the original stamp idea if it is if fact adopted (reference to post 39 of this thread) because I lack the designing skills as well as the knowledge to post images here. I certainly learned that it definitely didn't serve my best interest to share an idea as many are picking up the idea as their own. Now I will bow out and learn to keep my mouth shut in the future. <_< Good luck to everyone. :(

Jay, I know you had the stamp idea as you sent me a pretty quick email explaining you didn't know how to post pictures! And should it be chosen along with someone else's art work I'll find a way to be fair. The "prizes" are coming from my share of payment for the design, I usually give a couple AE coins away at events and such so this is practically the same thing!

Now, let's rectify the issue of you being able to post pictures. I use photobucket, it's way easy to use. so all you do is go to photobucket.com and create a user account. Then once you find a picture you like you can upload it to your photobucket. Once it's loaded under the picture will be 3 sets of code, URL Link, HTML tag & IMG code. You will need to copy the IMG code then paste it into a forum post. So for the example of this thread, you had the idea of a stamp, so you post the stamp and say I like this design with X(whichever image you liked) as the theme.

Let me show you something so you don't feel quite so bad about design skills, when I started I thought Hoot_heads.jpg

was a pretty darned cool design! I was very impressed with myself at creating it. Surprisingly (to me anyway's) no vendors wanted it?!?!? LOL I keep it as a reminder to me of how far I have come, but I still have a LONG ways to go. Don't give up, we all learn something new everyday!

Coin Name -- Groundspeak Geogabbers

Icon Design -- Stamp idea (big surprise) with the Groundspeak logo though it is unlikely I will receive recognition for the original stamp idea if it is if fact adopted (reference to post 39 of this thread) because I lack the designing skills as well as the knowledge to post images here. I certainly learned that it definitely didn't serve my best interest to share an idea as many are picking up the idea as their own. Now I will bow out and learn to keep my mouth shut in the future. <_< Good luck to everyone. :(

Ok I had a couple drinks and was't mad or anything just frustrated with my inability to take an idea to the next level by creating a design and posting an image here. So I think next on my long list of things to figure out is posting images in the forum. Then how to make designs electonically.

How about this?

1d5cbb37-0384-40f7-8ed2-6dd1935790d5.jpg

Yep - that is what I was thinking of. Great artwork. Thanks! It covers both the mail and the talk. <_<

Do you want it put in my stamp outline?

Yeah, that would look really super. :(

Here you go...

b88a049f-322a-43d3-a3a2-a9e74aec4149.jpgad76bbd1-8438-41f4-ae2a-8c8a76bbcff2.jpg

PS: Wow that is a lot of quotes...

Looks great! Thanks! Good idea B. Fish.

THis is nothing. The number of quotes has been tested before. It went on (and on) for quite a while. <_<

uhhh, ya....the speech bubble was the idea of B. Fish......this new envelope one is me, cookiedoe....

And on and on. How many quotes can we get? <_<

You & General Tupperware have been the artistes extraordinaire tonight! Rockin' icons.

The Envelope Bubble was mine feeding off of B. Fish. See post #65. You have been amazing creating all our ideas, especially for those of us who have no idea how to! :(<_<

Really? I was doing this all with paint. My actual aritist style is the first really bad icon I posted. The rest are kind of cut and pasted. I can't really create anything (much)...

Well, looking at getting photoshop, and might be able to learn how to use it skillfully.

Now, let's rectify the issue of you being able to post pictures. I use photobucket, it's way easy to use. so all you do is go to photobucket.com and create a user account. Then once you find a picture you like you can upload it to your photobucket. Once it's loaded under the picture will be 3 sets of code, URL Link, HTML tag & IMG code. You will need to copy the IMG code then paste it into a forum post. So for the example of this thread, you had the idea of a stamp, so you post the stamp and say I like this design with X(whichever image you liked) as the theme.

Thank You

How about this?

Yep - that is what I was thinking of. Great artwork. Thanks! It covers both the mail and the talk. <_<

Here you go...

b88a049f-322a-43d3-a3a2-a9e74aec4149.jpgad76bbd1-8438-41f4-ae2a-8c8a76bbcff2.jpg

THis is nothing. The number of quotes has been tested before. It went on (and on) for quite a while. <_<

uhhh, ya....the speech bubble was the idea of B. Fish......this new envelope one is me, cookiedoe....

You & General Tupperware have been the artistes extraordinaire tonight! Rockin' icons.

The Envelope Bubble was mine feeding off of B. Fish. See post #65. You have been amazing creating all our ideas, especially for those of us who have no idea how to! :(<_<

Really? I was doing this all with paint. My actual aritist style is the first really bad icon I posted. The rest are kind of cut and pasted. I can't really create anything (much)...

Well, looking at getting photoshop, and might be able to learn how to use it skillfully.

Consider the freeware application 'The GIMP'. It's pretty good at photo manipulation, and is infinitely cheaper than Photoshop.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Thank You

I like this image RastaHeart-1.jpg ALOT. Just a test to see if I figured out how to upload an image.

How about this?

Here you go...

The Envelope Bubble was mine feeding off of B. Fish. See post #65. You have been amazing creating all our ideas, especially for those of us who have no idea how to! <_<:(

Consider the freeware application 'The GIMP'. It's pretty good at photo manipulation, and is infinitely cheaper than Photoshop.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Thanks, I;ll be trying that out.

My personal preferences for an Icon is the stamp design with the following symbol(s):

08f9c1d7-52a7-42b1-9793-3255347390d.jpg

or

b11ef79a-d39b-4658-81df-03f91f7d0bf.jpg

With the name: "Community GeoGab Coin" // "GeoGab Coin" or something to that effect.

Both the Icon and the name most accurately reflects the "community" theme of all the forum discussions not just the coin thread. If that makes sense. Just my two geocoins worth.

signal.jpgsignal2.jpgsignal3.jpgsignal4.jpgsignal5.jpgsignal6.jpg

And the small - signal-small.jpg

This is one signal series. The other's coming soon.

EDIT: Differend colours so that people can see the possibilities.

Just an FYI, Signal is trademarked and only to be drawn by one artist, so this would not be allowed, sorry, it's cute, but not possible.

Here it is a little bit better

forumcoin2copy.jpg

forumcoin3.jpg

Hope you don't mind ByrnedFish, but I changed it a tiny bit and put it in a stamp border....

d0e48daf-150c-4556-af6b-de6d8a7054ff.jpgfb247692-e3a8-47a5-86ce-00e47ac21c2e.jpg

Not at all! looks great!

Yep, I think it looks good also but may not be quite right for this project, let me tell you why. My only concern is that I would personally prefer (IMHO) a design that reflects ALL the forums rather than just the geocoin forum. This is why I like these designs best:

08f9c1d7-52a7-42b1-9793-3255347390d.jpg

b11ef79a-d39b-4658-81df-03f91f7d0bf.jpg

Likewise that is why I like the name GeoGab // GeoGabbers without a reference to coins because it represents the whole forum community rather than just one segment of it and it reflects what the forums are all about . . . . Community Gabbing about a variety of geocaching topics. But hey ya never know, the final decision is not mine to make. Here endth my best sales pitch.

Peace

jAY miLLS

Just an FYI, Signal is trademarked and only to be drawn by one artist, so this would not be allowed, sorry, it's cute, but not possible.

Thanks for the info.

How about the forum folder made into a speach bubble:

forum.jpgforum2.jpg

forum3.jpgforum4.jpg

ehh, i dont know... jsut bored

I think that this one could be a winner. :) -- Oh, maybe move the little spike at the bottom to the other side -- it might look better.

Edited by general_tupperware

Thanks for the info.

forum.jpgforum2.jpg

forum3.jpgforum4.jpg

I think that this one could be a winner. :) -- Oh, maybe move the little spike at the bottom to the other side -- it might look better.

I don't know...it doesn't really look like a speech buuble.....just a folder with a pointy thing coming out of the bottom....but don't get me wrong, I still like it......

Edited by cookiedoe

Thanks for the info.

forum.jpgforum2.jpg

forum3.jpgforum4.jpg

I don't know...it doesn't really look like a speech buuble.....just a folder with a pointy thing coming out of the bottom....

Maybe make the edges rounder.

Thanks for the info.

forum.jpgforum2.jpg

forum3.jpgforum4.jpg

I don't know...it doesn't really look like a speech buuble.....just a folder with a pointy thing coming out of the bottom....but don't get me wrong, I still like it......

i agree it could be better, but with paint and a very old photoshop, this is about as good as i am able to do. feel free to try and make it better, im not fussy about whats mine and whats not