first find

eddyokie

Hooray! found my first cache today,had a little trouble i was standing about 3ft from it and my gps would point me 13ft in the opposite direction and as soon as i took a step or two it would point me back about 13 ft

is this normal ?

Yep, that's just about average. Congrats on your first!

Dude,go to magellan website and get the ion battery,it will pay for itself real soon.20 bucks,Go to academy and get the car charger/data cord.25 bucksNo more printing,just pay 3 bucks a month here and get pocket querries emailed to you.Download 200 caches at a time with hints included.Took me a lil time to figure it all out.

Hooray! found my first cache today,had a little trouble i was standing about 3ft from it and my gps would point me 13ft in the opposite direction and as soon as i took a step or two it would point me back about 13 ft

is this normal ?

13 feet is pretty good. You rarely find a gecache right where your GPS says it is. Between 10 and 30 feet is most common, but 40-60 feet is not unheard of and occasionally farther.

Dude,go to magellan website and get the ion battery,it will pay for itself real soon.20 bucks,Go to academy and get the car charger/data cord.25 bucksNo more printing,just pay 3 bucks a month here and get pocket querries emailed to you.Download 200 caches at a time with hints included.Took me a lil time to figure it all out.

Do they have the ion battery for Garmins too?

Do they have the ion battery for Garmins too?

Not that I know of, but rechargable NiMH batteries are a good alternative. I even found a car charger for them at Target.

There was one time I was searching for a cache and it was pointing me about 60 feet forward, but I was already at the edge of the cliff. I eventually found it in the fence right before the cliff.

If the Force was truly with you, you wouldn't have worried about a mere cliff. Of course, you wouldn't need a GPSr, either!

I have found many caches that showed being in the road or creek, but it has only rarely been off by more than ten feet. I usually circle about and get a couple of fixes, put the GPSr away, and go from there.

There was one time I was searching for a cache and it was pointing me about 60 feet forward, but I was already at the edge of the cliff. I eventually found it in the fence right before the cliff.

If the Force was truly with you, you wouldn't have worried about a mere cliff. Of course, you wouldn't need a GPSr, either!

I have found many caches that showed being in the road or creek, but it has only rarely been off by more than ten feet. I usually circle about and get a couple of fixes, put the GPSr away, and go from there.

I am still just a padawan to the force, I have not yet mastered it.