Friends of Caching Icon

Renegade Knight

Per discussions with Groundspeak they are donating an Icon for the series. Any one coin that sells more than 500 would get it's own Icon.

I spent some time sketching variations of FX (the prefix for the series) and didn't like anything. My other idea with a smilie using an X didn't look so good. icon8.gif

The floor is open. Whatever people like the best is what the icon will be. The table is open for ideas & suggestions. I'm not photoshop person so I hope some people who are can help get ideas into an Icon to look at we we can all vote on our favorite.

Sorry, just saw it on another topic. Have there been footprint icons - like what's on the coin?

I really don't know. There are a lot of Icons out there. :) I suspect that Idaho Geocachers uses Two Feet and an X for their Icon, but I haven't got my own Idaho Micro Coins yet...

Also this is for the series, so a Foot would end up working for all releases that have less than 500.

Per discussions with Groundspeak they are donating an Icon for the series. Any one coin that sells more than 500 would get it's own Icon.

I spent some time sketching variations of FX (the prefix for the series) and didn't like anything. My other idea with a smilie using an X didn't look so good. icon8.gif

The floor is open. Whatever people like the best is what the icon will be. The table is open for ideas & suggestions. I'm not photoshop person so I hope some people who are can help get ideas into an Icon to look at we we can all vote on our favorite.

pm'd you :rolleyes:

Maybe a pathway type avatar with green hillsides, blue sky and a sun. It would be a nice generic icon. Maybe someone with artistic talent like Yime or Fox & The Hound could mock something up for you?

Thanks for the kudos AG, I really do appreciate it. I gotta pass right now RK, as I'm up to my armpits in icons to do from Oakcoins and CoinsAndPins!

Maybe a pathway type avatar with green hillsides, blue sky and a sun. It would be a nice generic icon. Maybe someone with artistic talent like Yime or Fox & The Hound could mock something up for you?

Thanks for the kudos AG, I really do appreciate it. I gotta pass right now RK, as I'm up to my armpits in icons to do from Oakcoins and CoinsAndPins!

I didnt think Yimes have pits! :D

I didnt think Yimes have pits! :D

Like other fruity-type pits, they are very hard, and deep in icky stuff..... :D

Well heck. Not much interest. Here is what has been discussed. The foot theme seemed to be the one both artists hit. If we were to use that I'd like to to move away from the type and style used by the Greenway and to something orginal for this Icon and perhaps as a logo for the overall coin series.

We need art, ideas, comments and some freaking votes to tally.

To get this going and pick an icon, I'm going to spice this up a tad (but likely not much more than a tad).

I'll kick in an Official RK Redneck numbered geocoin to the winning artist. This will be custom XL with offical "FOC" lettering. The hand stamping will be uneven and non uniform further highlighting it's redneck collectability. As a super special bonus I'll hand select a rather large washer coin blank from a small batch of color enhanced blanks that I found in my junk bin coin storage box vault.

I have never made an Icon and do not know the first thing about creating one.

But I thought I would make a quick rough attempt at what I thought might represent the friends of caching in my mind so this is a first ever rough attempt. to maybe go a slight different direction for those developing an icon.

icon.jpg

But I thought I would make a quick rough attempt at what I thought might represent the friends of caching in my mind so this is a first ever rough attempt. to maybe go a slight different direction for those developing an icon.

icon.jpg

How about the 'G' behind the shaking hands?

icon.jpg

OK If he is interested.

icon.jpg

I like the idea of the hand shake for the icon as it goes well with the Friends of Caching Geocoin.

The aviator one of yours looks GREAT also but i am not sure if it ties in with this coin as well and it would be a great icon on a different coin you design.

Nice looking coin and good luck on the Icon.

This is just my 1 cents worth of input.

icon.jpg

I like the idea of the hand shake for the icon as it goes well with the Friends of Caching Geocoin....

This is a direction I would have never thought of. The handshake fits well with the theme. The mountain is part of the the greenways logo. We should use something else for the background. Maybe the SunStar symbol in the chamois-shimi & special K's version as a background? That may be too busy, but the handshake does fit. Excellent idea.

icon.jpg

I still like this one because the background color and picture ties in with the coin and the hands tie in with the name.

Per Renegade Knight Post#1

icon.jpg

I still like this one because the background color and picture ties in with the coin and the hands tie in with the name.

I think you are right if this particular coin sold 500 than this icon or the foot would or at least could be used for that particular coin. I think and I could be wrong, that Renagade Knight is looking for an icon to cover a series of coins entitled "Friend of Caching" Any coin in the series selling more than 500 units would than have it's own Icon. At least that is how I understand it.

...I think you are right if this particular coin sold 500 than this icon or the foot would or at least could be used for that particular coin. I think and I could be wrong, that Renagade Knight is looking for an icon to cover a series of coins entitled "Friend of Caching" Any coin in the series selling more than 500 units would than have it's own Icon. At least that is how I understand it.

That's it. Any one coin that sells more than 500 would get it's own icon. Anything that doesn't gets a generic series icon. This particular coin is running into difficulties selling the 300 I started with. The icon we are working on is for the series as a whole.

I thought I would play with the FX prefix idea on some of the hands already done. This is my last pic post as I have probably run as far as my limited abilities will take me with microsoft paint. But it was fun. If there is a couple that tweek your interest I could refine them and place them in gif format I think that is the icon format gif 32x32 & gif 16x16 the 16x16 would be an abbrieviation. Again these are my first attempt at Icon creation, and I am sure many people are much better equipped with art software and design background to produce these kind of things professionaly.

G-hand-E.jpg

Thanks for the fun!

I just contacted the greenway to see if these can be promoted on their newsletter to get them to sell again. It would be nice if I could cut a check to the greenway for christmas.

As for Icons Lets get the ball rolling again and get some user input on what they like. I actually have more artists submitting than critics!