What size Micro SD card do I need - what brand?

drmoore71

If we're talking about City Navigator NA NT version 8, Garmin lists both it and the non-NT version as compatible with the 60CSx. I purchased the non-NT version, as I had already bought the 2GB card. The non-NT version runs 1.6GB in size.

Yes, we purchased the City Navigator NA NT, V8

It sounds like it might be worth making the investment in the 2 GB card ... now I just need to find a good deal!

(we purchased the NA NT v8 software)

Not sure, but I think you may have the wrong version for your 60csx. Version NT is compatible with some other Garmin GPS types, but not the 60csx.

I may be wrong on that, but don't think so.

The City Navigator NA v8 NT does work on the 60CX and 60CSx and also on a few other units that Garmin lists on their website. Other users have reported the 2 Gb memory cards working fine. As MtnHermit said, don't get the Ultra II memory cards, they will not work in the Garmin GPSrs due to being a faster card and the GPSr's processor can't handle the additional speed and shuts down. The Sandisk and Kingston memory cards seem to be the most popular and you hear of very few problems with these. Other name brands may work just as well, you just don't here of to many reports about them. I'd stay with a brand that has received good reports.

Here's the FAQ regarding City Navigator

It's pinned to the top of this forum because this topic is comes up often. Just to clarify some misleading info previously posted here, YES the NT version of City Navigator 8 will work on a 60CSx and YES, the maps will fit in their entirety on a 1 GB card. Not a LOT of extra room to spare, but they will fit.

Since a 1 GB MicroSD card can often be found for $10-$15 (typically after rebate), and a 2 GB Micro SD card costs upwards of $45 or $50, the 1GB option is certainly cheaper. In my humble opinion, a 2GB card is overkill if you have City Navigator NA NT.

Edited by DocDiTTo

If we're talking about City Navigator NA NT version 8, Garmin lists both it and the non-NT version as compatible with the 60CSx. I purchased the non-NT version, as I had already bought the 2GB card. The non-NT version runs 1.6GB in size.

Yes, we purchased the City Navigator NA NT, V8

It sounds like it might be worth making the investment in the 2 GB card ... now I just need to find a good deal!

I fit the continental usa on a 1 gig for my streetpilot i3 and you have about 100 megs free however you can install let's say just the east or west coast for example and have tons of room to spare. If you think about it how often will you travel the entire usa? Just my 2 cents worth...

Ray

If you think about it how often will you travel the entire usa? Just my 2 cents worth...

What a true statement - in fact, it is not like I am going to wake up one day and randomly decide to travel to some far off state so I can always adjust accordingly. I think we will start with the 1 gig and then expand from there if we end up wanting more maps (i.e. topo) or if we are taking a cross country trip.

Thanks for all of the advice.

I guess it depends on your situation. For work I travel to sunnyvale CA, Clearwater FL, Boston, Joplin, MO. Dallas TX, Huntville AL, White Sands NM, and other surprise places. I like to have the whole US in my GPS just in case. I suppose I can live with just putting in the KNOWN places I go to (thats what I do now) but I would just as soon have the whole thing in there and not have to worry about it.

Sometimes I go to weird airports in transit and might get stuck there and need maps for that area.

I'll get a 2 gig when they get cheap enough and load my whole City select ver 6.

If you think about it how often will you travel the entire usa? Just my 2 cents worth...

What a true statement - in fact, it is not like I am going to wake up one day and randomly decide to travel to some far off state so I can always adjust accordingly. I think we will start with the 1 gig and then expand from there if we end up wanting more maps (i.e. topo) or if we are taking a cross country trip.

Thanks for all of the advice.