Geocoin Question

BRoKeN W

2 out of 3 coins in my collection (over 400) are personal coins with the cacher's name. That ratio is rising, because now I focus almost exclusively on personal coins.

If you issued a coin with your name in Kanji, I would surely want one in my collection!

I don't suppose anyone knows how to correctly translate "Broken W" into kanji do they???? I'm thinking the letter W might pose a problem with the translation process... I was just looking up a translation my friend did for me in hiragana and my first name (Kelly) is broken down into two characters (the one for ke and the one for ri). :D

2 out of 3 coins in my collection (over 400) are personal coins with the cacher's name. That ratio is rising, because now I focus almost exclusively on personal coins.

If you issued a coin with your name in Kanji, I would surely want one in my collection!

I don't suppose anyone knows how to correctly translate "Broken W" into kanji do they???? I'm thinking the letter W might pose a problem with the translation process... I was just looking up a translation my friend did for me in hiragana and my first name (Kelly) is broken down into two characters (the one for ke and the one for ri). :D

While I was stationed in Japan, I learned that most English (Non-Japanese) words were written in hirigana or katakana phonetically. I hardly ever seen it done in Kanji, it was always one of the two mentioned above. There are a bunch of web sites out there that will give you a rough translation, just do a google search on katakana/hiragana translation and a bunch will show up.

v/r

O-Mega

While I was stationed in Japan, I learned that most English (Non-Japanese) words were written in hirigana or katakana phonetically. I hardly ever seen it done in Kanji, it was always one of the two mentioned above. There are a bunch of web sites out there that will give you a rough translation, just do a google search on katakana/hiragana translation and a bunch will show up.

v/r

O-Mega

I've noticed that also. It's tough to have it translated by my grandmother since she's pretty much forgotten which is Hiragana, katakana and kanji. :laughing:

-Kelly (the K of BRoKeN W)

We think a cachers name on the coin is preferable to not. We have started to mount a collection of coins, but none we have purchased compare to the one we received as a present from a cacher while on a recent excursion. We found a cache with a coin as a present for us inside, complete with the cachers name and unique artwork. To this day we still think that it is the best one in our collection...it keeps it personal. So, our two cents would be to put your name on it and share your uniqueness with the community!