Cheap ammo cans?

chuckr30

Has anyone bought from this place?

Not me, but I like the looks of the Rocket Box for a large cache.

I think I remember the Michigan Geocaching Organization putting out a statement asking its members to refrain from using ammo cans since they can cause problems when found by non-cachers. This sucks since IMHO ammo cans are best suited for this activity. I'm sick of encountering waterloggded contents in Glad Ware containers. Getting off topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

... I think I remember the Michigan Geocaching Organization putting out a statement asking its members to refrain from using ammo cans since they can cause problems when found by non-cachers. This sucks since IMHO ammo cans are best suited for this activity. ...
There's a piece of advice that I would freely ignore.
I think I remember the Michigan Geocaching Organization putting out a statement asking its members to refrain from using ammo cans since they can cause problems when found by non-cachers. This sucks since IMHO ammo cans are best suited for this activity. I'm sick of encountering waterloggded contents in Glad Ware containers. Getting off topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

So can Tupperware and film canisters cause problems. Use common sense when hiding ammo boxes and label them clearly as geocaches and there should be no problem. I can't believe all the ones I've found with the military markings still on them, sometimes in popular parks. Dumb idea. But ammo boxes in the woods? I rarely use anything else.

Edited by briansnat

Has anyone bought from this place?

Not me, but I like the looks of the Rocket Box for a large cache.

I don't recall a blanket statement like that (I believe MiGO's president even buys them in bulk and sells them cheap), though certain parks here do require transparent containers. Lock-and-Locks seem to be the container of choice in those cases. The caches that the DNR has been placing have been ammo cans.

Edited by Dinoprophet