Newbie here

jmarino13

Okay, here is my lifetime for the past couple weeks. I basically went into the new year with a resolution to pick up a new hobby. I have always loved the outdoors and made it my goal in 2007 to visit as many state state parks in Ohio that i can. So i thought Photography would be a great hobby to pick up. I went out bought a Canon Rebel, some books and found myself right in the mix of Photography.

Then monday i was on the metroparks website looking at the trails, and i stumbled upon something called Geocaching? What the #$%@ is this? I didnt get any work done that day and spent the entire day looking up cache sites near me, and realizing i just found my new favorite hobby. I was amazed at this entire society of people. I have never heard of such a strange, exciting hobby/sport.

Well i now have a 2nd hobby for 2007! GEOCACHING! Yeah my friends think i am nuts; when i tried explaining what it is, "That you walk around and find little treasures" is what i said. Well I researched GPS units for the past 3 days and plan to buy one this weekend so i can start my Cache hunting. Can't wait. So look for me and my dog Oz out there, we will be trekking across Ohio (work permitting) and finding little treasures and leaving even better treasures.

Adios Amigo's

Joe & Oz.

Edited by jmarino13

Okay, here is my lifetime for the past couple weeks. I basically went into the new year with a resolution to pick up a new hobby. I have always loved the outdoors and made it my goal in 2007 to visit as many state state parks in Ohio that i can. So i thought Photography would be a great hobby to pick up. I went out bought a Canon Rebel, some books and found myself right in the mix of Photography.

Then monday i was on the metroparks website looking at the trails, and i stumbled upon something called Geocaching? What the #$%@ is this? I didnt get any work done that day and spent the entire day looking up cache sites near me, and realizing i just found my new favorite hobby. I was amazed at this entire society of people. I have never heard of such a strange, exciting hobby/sport.

Well i now have a 2nd hobby for 2007! GEOCACHING! Yeah my friends think i am nuts; when i tried explaining what it is, "That you walk around and find little treasures" is what i said. Well I researched GPS units for the past 3 days and plan to buy one this weekend so i can start my Cache hunting. Can't wait. So look for me and my dog Oz out there, we will be trekking across Ohio (work permitting) and finding little treasures and leaving even better treasures.

Adios Amigo's

Joe & Oz.

This sport/hobby is addictive I've been doing it seen Oct 2006 and I'm at 500+ finds 10+hides. I just can't stop caching. Anyway glad to see another person join the caching world. One of your friends or family will start caching within 3 months of your first find. :blink::blink::rolleyes:

Welcome to the sport!

One of the nice things about geocaching is that you can do it when YOU want to.

Yeah, the camera is a great idea. Some really cool places -- I've found some in my own "backyard" that i didn't even know where here.

Also try to always bring a pen or pencil -- lots of them don't work in caches, and some don't have 'em at all.

There's quite a list of things that you should bring, but mostly, just have fun!

stickerooni :ph34r: