Final AT coins

hobo dude

Anybody know of the final 4 AT coins?? The coin that was to come out in Decmeber is not out yet and the one for January I have not seen anything either. To add to this, the site that sells them is down?? at the moment. I can not get into it. Any thoughts or anyone else having those problems as well??

Anybody know of the final 4 AT coins?? The coin that was to come out in Decmeber is not out yet and the one for January I have not seen anything either. To add to this, the site that sells them is down?? at the moment. I can not get into it. Any thoughts or anyone else having those problems as well??

Sorry we had some server updating going on earlier is the reason the site was down.

Should be working OK now.

BUT... Unfortuantely it's not going to give you any answers to your questions.

With the CRAZY holiday schedule we kept, I haven't had time to update the atgeocoin.com site. :o Sorry!

My full intentions is that SOMETIME this week I will get it updated with pics of all the coins of the ones that have been produced so far and sample art of the ones that haven't been.

As far as the Dec coins... there was an issue with the artwork at one time that had to be corrected and I "think" there was a delay in getting them produced. I've sent an email to the minters to get an update. I'll post an update as soon as I hear back.

(Yeah, I know the state on the Dec art is wrong, it was corrected for the coin - that was the issue :blink: )

I apologize to everyone... with the holidays, unexpected overtime hours at my day job at the sign shop (Geeze! We're usually slow this time of year!! :blink: ), and some family medical problems (read: All three of us have had the FLU at some point in the past 2 months!! :o ) I haven't stayed on top of these. :P:o

Hopefully we can get things rolling forward again on these ASAP and get back on track!! :o

D-man :P

Did you stop producing the pins for the new releases? I didn't see one for the last release (Massachusetts).

I guess no reply is the answer to my question. Seems a shame since this was such a nice series of companion pins and there were only a few to go.

:huh: Give him time to answer, he just said he's been busy and has apologized for slow information. Have you tried to email him directly with this question? FYI, Gridlox is one of the most reliable people you're going to run across in these forums. He has designed coins and quite a few icons, so please remember to give people the benefit of the doubt. Remember too that people to actually still go caching and aren't on the forums hourly. :D

Have fun, enjoy coin collecting!

edited post after looking at the dates more closely! oops!

Edited by The Blind Acorn

Did you stop producing the pins for the new releases? I didn't see one for the last release (Massachusetts).

I guess no reply is the answer to my question. Seems a shame since this was such a nice series of companion pins and there were only a few to go.

Sorry to not reply. B)

Somedays so much gets posted on here that things get pushed to the second page and I just overlooked your question. I wasn't intentionally ignoring you, Sorry. :laughing:

The Massachusetts pin was made because I have a handful of them to go with my coins that I get.

I'm unsure why they are not on the site. :laughing: Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I hadn't realized it.

I just fired off an email to guys at Geoswag to see what's up. I'll post back as soon as I hear back some news.

As far as the series is concerned, as mentioned above, there was some confusion on the Dec coins and getting the artwork corrected. At the time these were supposed to be sent to the mint, Oakcoins was in the middle of a location change and the email with the corrected art was not recieved.

That and the fact that EVERYONE was in the midst of getting geared up for the holiday season and the massive amount of coins that were made during that time, the AT coins just slipped through the crack.

Now that we have a handle on the situation and realize there was some miscommunication going on, the coin art has been sent to the mint and we will be getting back on track ASAP! B)

Again, we apologize for the delay in the series and appreciate everyone's patients.

Thank you all for making this series very popular!! :D

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

The Massachusetts pin was made because I have a handful of them to go with my coins that I get.

I'm unsure why they are not on the site. :huh: Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I hadn't realized it.

I just fired off an email to guys at Geoswag to see what's up. I'll post back as soon as I hear back some news.

D-man :D

Just to let you know, the Mass pins are now posted on the Geoswag site. :P

The final 3 state designs have been submitted to the mint for production and will be in ASAP!

The art for the final coin is still in the works. Since it's the last coin in the series and will have the entire trail on it, I'm trying to get it to look good without being over crowded, BUT still keep the look of the previous coins. (Not very successful at the moment. :laughing: )

I too have been patitently waiting for the final coins to come out. I got started getting both versions of the coins and I really do like them but have also asked myself more than once what I got myself into. I missed the Massachussetts coin completely but luckily when I realized it they still have coins available so I think I am on track now. Will be very pleased when I complete the set. Thanks for update Lox!

:anibad: Sorry! Been down with strep throat the past week and totally thought I had posted this announcement! :D

I KNOW I typed it up at one point. :anitongue:

Must not have hit [Add Reply] button. :D

The Vermont AT geocoin is now on sale at Geoswag.com.(If you haven't already found it. :D )

Sorry again. :D

I am looking for these Appalachian Trail coins:

Antique Silver and Antique Bronze

I am looking for the pair of Georgia coins

and the West Virginia Coins.

I will buy them or find something to trade or trade my own cache coin. Its a heavy metal coin which looks like a pirate's "piece of eight" I also have a few appaliacian trail pins.

If you have either of these coins sets and want to trade, or want to see the pirate coin, e-mail me at:

amendment2@aol.com