Euro 5th Anniversary Geocoin

wilg

In 2002 the euro was introduced as a single currency in 12 European countries.

Since Jan, 1th 2007 Slovenia is the 13th 'euro' country. This year the euro

has it's 5th Anniversary.

With the introduction of the euro a website was launched to follow the euro in its

tracks, www.eurobilltracker.com. The idea behind this site is similar to wheresgeorge.com.

Since 2002 I follow my euro notes at the eurobilltracker site.

Some geocachers used euronotes as travelbugs and registered these notes at the site

in the hope to score hits, an example. This kind of 'hits' will be moderated as uninteresting.

This gave me the idea to create an euro geocoin. So, use this coin with geocaching and follow your

euronotes at the eurobilltracker site.

The coin is available in 3 versions (numbers produced between brackets):

Silver SE (50)

Copper LE (100)

Gold (150)

Size is 42 mm, thickness 3mm. Icon: 803.gif

All coins have a consecutive number, the tracking code starts with: EU

The coins are on stock, to order follow this links:

Gold

Copper

Silver is sold out.

The pictures:

euro_silver.jpg

euro_copper.jpg

euro_gold.jpg

Edited by wilg

But... €3.5 or €4 to cover shipping costs inside Europe? That's a LOT. Why is it so expensive?

I'll answer this since I do a bunch of trading into and out of that country. In the Netherlands, which is where these coins ship from, they don't have an equivilant shipping method to our air letter post. It's either surface or priority and their shipping rates are higher than ours. That rate is for surface shipment believe it or not.

Personally I've found that at the 3-5 coin range is where it levels out so that it isn't so bad per coin.

AtlantaGal, I'm from Portugal, and since Netherlands is also part of the European Union, mail (and other things) are cheaper within this space.

€3.5 is $4.50.

€4 is $5.1

I would pay $4.5 for 3 coins sent from the US to Portugal. It's not an very acceptable price for one coin (that weighs only 55grams) sent from Netherlands to Portugal. It's not.

I went to the Dutch mail and found out the real prices of the letter. Of course the shop must add something like €1 to cover fees, the envelope, etc. Still, there's a difference between the actual cost and the costs presented here.

The German Post is even more expensive and I've never paid such rates while ordering from them.

Edit: spelling

Edited by SUp3rFM & Cruella

AtlantaGal, I'm from Portugal, and since Netherlands is also part of the European Union, mail (and other things) are cheaper within this space.

You know, I had not had my morning caffine when I responded above. I didn't notice where you were from. You're right, I would think the shipping charges within Europe would be substantially less than it is to the US.

Ordered one copper. I used to be quite active at eurobilltracker.com

I remember you from there and think from the forums, too. Stopped Ebt'ing?

Yes I like stopped it. Sometimes I still enter few coins. I think I got what I can get from ebt. hundreds of hits so that was it. It was fun firts but got bored. Now family, geocaching and poker takes my time :rolleyes: