Setting caches, sequential Waypoints, how do i?

It's about time i got my butt in gear and placed some caches that i've been planning. I want to create a series and would ideally like sequential waypoints for the caches ie GC10000, GC10001, GC10002 etc (each cache will be independent of the other so not a multi).

Firstly, is this possible?

Secondly, how do i do it?

Cheers

Bhod.

Maybe I am being naive or just stupid but why is it important to have sequential waypoint codes for stand alone caches let alone any other reason.

I may be asking this question for myself but I hope there is someone else out there who doesn't have a clue...

You could be one, both or neither, i couldn't possibly comment as i have never met you and can't claim to know you* :unsure:

As for the sequential numbering, i haven't placed any importance on it whatsoever, the term used in my OP was "ideally", it was just something i thought of doing, surely you've had one of those "i wonder how or if" moments?, well this was one of mine..

Hope this now sets not only you but any others out there who don't have a clue minds at rest.

*(please take that in the vein it was meant, with much humour.)

Edited by bhodisatva

Maybe I am being naive or just stupid but why is it important to have sequential waypoint codes for stand alone caches let alone any other reason.

I may be asking this question for myself but I hope there is someone else out there who doesn't have a clue...

You could be one, both or neither, i couldn't possibly comment as i have never met you and can't claim to know you* :(

As for the sequential numbering, i haven't placed any importance on it whatsoever, the term used in my OP was "ideally", it was just something i thought of doing, surely you've had one of those "i wonder how or if" moments?, well this was one of mine..

Hope this now sets not only you but any others out there who don't have a clue minds at rest.

*(please take that in the vein it was meant, with much humour.)

There is no offence taken. :unsure::(

My Chiltern Micro Series have waypoints:

GCVRA7

GCVRA9

GCVRAB

GCVRAD

GCVRAG

and three completely seperate caches, located close to each other but unconnected, 21 Again; Stop, Look, Listen; Shardeloes;

GCV08E

GCV08D

GCV08F

I just "ordered" the cache pages one after the other and stored them until I wanted to create and publish.

Oss!

Personally I would leave time between each one to make them all significantly different, but that is just me. Strangely this is currently quite useful if the first 6 figures are unique with the new 7 figure waypoint names as when they are the same thay overwrite each other when downloading to a device that only supports 6.