Series -vs- Single coins

UOTrackers

Singles unless set pieces can stand alone on design. There have been a few sets in which only one coin appealed to me and I like being able to get just the one, but design is first and foremost for us. <_<

Agreed

Of course, knowing the cacher personally when purchasing personal coins is a bonus and it makes the coin even more appealing. Knowing the cacher from forums, emails, etc. makes it somewhat appealing. But, as a few have stated previously DESIGN really makes a HUGE difference in the appeal.

But, as a few have stated previously DESIGN really makes a HUGE difference in the appeal.

I totally agree. There's been some real clunkers lately. <_<

There's a difference between a series and a set. I like a series, like benchmarks or that new country series, but sets like the Stop Geocoin Theft are something I pass on.

I prefer personal single coin designs in 3D antique metal or satin finishes, which enhance the coin designs. There are some series out there I like and purchase mostly for my children, and some of them I can easily skip. And then there are some personal ones out there which I would not get either. It all depends on the design of the coin and, if it is for purchase, -- the price as well. If I have to pay $10-15 per coin (like some of the latest cons out there) plus shipping, that is a definite turn off, even if I like the coin or the series. Coins are not that expensive to make. So my vote goes for single issue, possibly different metals, personal coins with a true meaning behind them related to the coin designer and geocaching of course.

Edited by OshnDoc

Singles, series or sets makes no different to me if I like the design and concept of the coin I will trade or buy it.

Buy or trading also makes no difference to me, they are both transactions.

I can't really say what sub-category of coin I prefer since I have a little of everything. Personals are fun especially if you know the cacher, event coins are fun especially if you attended. Other series I don't usually care for but occasionally a conept or design strikes a good tone with me and I will buy or sell it.

It's all personal preference.