Swept away...

The Golem

Some of you may remember my event back in May, at the time I placed this cache. Well I've just received an email... :rolleyes:

"Hi there,

I was working up near Keswick today taking photos of the river near Newlands Bridge and I found a cache of yours (black painted clippable box) lying in the debris on the top of the bank just upstream from the bridge! Looking at the Google Map of the nearby caches it must be your "Stroll along Newlands Beck" cache. Looks like it travelled about a mile in the floods! Amazingly all the contents are still dry. The cache is currently with me near Barrow, I am up around Keswick most weeks so I'll replace the cache at the co-ordinates on its page next time I'm up there. Hope you don't mind me claiming it as a (very lucky) find!!!

Kind regards

Jon/rivaldo"

I just like to say thankyou :)

What a stroke of luck!!

We should have a new cache category of Pooh Sticks Caches...

I had to rescue a waterlogged cache of mine today. The water level in the river has been rising for a couple of weeks due to the heavy rain. If it had not been weighted down by ivy roots and heavy stones it would surely have ended up on the beach outside my house!

:D