I have a dumb question..........

yakimacacher

If all you wanted were 5 - 6 coins, most places could make you a custom coin that is trackable for about $25/each.

Why is it so expensive?

To get any coin made, you need to have a Die produced. These range anywhere from $60 -$150/side. With most companies, you can have sample made at no charge. So with this in mind, you can do it for Die Fees plus samples. Make sure to add in Tracking. And since you are not doing a custom Icon, it will be listed as "Personal Geocoins"

Another way is to ask many of the companies to partner with you to do a coin. This looks to be successful in the past. I have seen some nice coins come out this way.

Hope that helps!

for those who have an interest in nurse themed geocoins, there are some being designed. I am working with a company who is going to produce a bunch and then send me some. So, when all is said and done I will have some for trade and they will be selling them a well. Not sure how long but the email recieved sounds like they will make a bunch and send me some. Just an FYI, cause there are some fellow cachers who would like to see some nurse themed coins.

Someone should organize a healthcare coin that is trackable and can have the option of having our caching name put on it. I know we have done that to the Idaho Geocoin in the past. This way lots of people could get a personalized coin and it would be alot cheaper. This would be a huge task for someone to do. Just my 2cents