Invisible Shield

Raven02

I installed it on my unit. It said the "ripples" would disappear in a few days. They didnt. While I can still see the screen the cover has a lot of Ripples/waves I have to look through. Maybe I was too agressive with the scaper tool,not liberal enough with the solution or ? but I am not a happy camper with the result.

I installed it on every good piece of electronic equipment we own. It's a must on the GPS units and the kiddo's hand held games. I wouldn't dream of using anythign else.

Uper2

As for the bubbling, I didn't like the looks of one cover that I put on right from the moment it was fully laid down, so I veeeerrrryyy carefully peeled it away and squirted a tad more juice on it, and it laid down very nicely the second time. So you may be right, and it probably needed more fluid. If I were you, I'd email or call the company for a hint about how to fix it. (I bet they send you out a replacement one.)

You can go to any sign shop that does digital printing and ask them if they have any clear laminate. This is used for laminating prints in the shop. Wholesale cost for the clear laminate is about $.39 per square foot.

For about five bucks you should be able to get enough laminate to cover everything that you own.

I put one of these on my first GPSr and, within a week, it had saved the screen. I put a huge and very deep scratch on the screen but, instead of messing up the screen, it simply messed up the invisibleShield. I love it. I've put it on every GPSr I've had and I even have one on my watch. It is FAR superior to the cheapo screen protectors available elsewhere.

I haven't had any issues with installing the shield. Mine is clear as glass and doesn't cause any interference with viewing the screen. I wouldn't own a GPSr without one of these things. I use a GPSMAP 76CSx and this is an extremely cheap investement that protects my not-at-all inexpensive unit. I'm totally sold on the thing.

I installed it on my unit. It said the "ripples" would disappear in a few days. They didnt. While I can still see the screen the cover has a lot of Ripples/waves I have to look through. Maybe I was too agressive with the scaper tool,not liberal enough with the solution or ? but I am not a happy camper with the result.

The shield does have a slight rippled look when viewed from an angle, but it is not noticeable when viewed straight on. Here is a nice video demonstrating the durability of the shield as well as the transparency and ripple effect.

I have purchased four of these for myself and two for other people. I would not have a handheld GPS without one.

Its the best. They back the product. They will replace it any time it needs. The only thing that has messed mine up is bug repellant. I called them and they sent a replacement.

Did DEET do it? Try switching to Picaridin (Cutter Advanced). Works as well as DEET, and won't fog or melt plastic.

I'll definitely send that info to myself via email (I'm at work at the moment). My watch had a similar protector on it when I purchased it but I got deet spray on it and that was all she wrote. I've replaced it with an invisibleSHIELD and don't want to trash that with deet. The info on Picaridin is much appreciated.

Highly recommended!

My Magellan took a hard fall onto some New Hampshire granite (so did I) which put a scratch on the indestructable Shield, but it protected my unit! The manufacturer claims replacement, but only if you registered the product, which I didn't -- something they neglect to tell you. Also, you have to send the damaged one back, and I have no idea how to remove it. Just scape and peel? Then my unit is unprotected for who knows how long. So, I'm not impressed with their lifetime replacement guarantee. I also have splatter marks on mine, but I have no idea what from. Oh, the bubbles and wrinkles are from not using enough fluid; soak it well before applying.

Highly recommended!

My Magellan took a hard fall onto some New Hampshire granite (so did I) which put a scratch on the indestructable Shield, but it protected my unit! The manufacturer claims replacement, but only if you registered the product, which I didn't -- something they neglect to tell you. Also, you have to send the damaged one back, and I have no idea how to remove it. Just scape and peel? Then my unit is unprotected for who knows how long. So, I'm not impressed with their lifetime replacement guarantee. I also have splatter marks on mine, but I have no idea what from. Oh, the bubbles and wrinkles are from not using enough fluid; soak it well before applying.

One of the reasons the shields are designed to not go edge-to-edge, is so you can remove them if you need to. You should be able to just pick up one corner with your fingernail, and peal it off.

I've been looking in to getting one of these invisible shields for a venture cx but on the shieldzone website they have two listings:

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/GARETRXC.html

&

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/GARETLC.html

Which one (or both) of these will work for the Venture Cx?

Thanks

All the eTrex "C" models have the same size screen, 1.7" x 1.3". So it doesn't matter.

You can go to any sign shop that does digital printing and ask them if they have any clear laminate. This is used for laminating prints in the shop. Wholesale cost for the clear laminate is about $.39 per square foot.

For about five bucks you should be able to get enough laminate to cover everything that you own.

I would be interested in trying this. How did you apply the laminate to the GPS screen?