Top 50 posters

El Diablo

Wow 12 posts, now I'm at page 222 nice jump.

Oh I have to agree with a prior post, there is a lot of people out there that talk a lot but never say much.

I personally think they like to hear(or see) themselves talk.

There is always a deragatory way to say about everthing. Some people enjoy posting. Some to debate, some to trash talk, some to help peole out, some for the comaraderie, some to troll, some for a mix of some or all the above.

If you just wanted to hear yourself post, an empty forum would work just as well.

Wow 12 posts, now I'm at page 222 nice jump.

Oh I have to agree with a prior post, there is a lot of people out there that talk a lot but never say much.

I personally think they like to hear(or see) themselves talk.

There is always a deragatory way to say about everthing. Some people enjoy posting. Some to debate, some to trash talk, some to help peole out, some for the comaraderie, some to troll, some for a mix of some or all the above.

If you just wanted to hear yourself post, an empty forum would work just as well.

That is what I was trying to say, I guess running on 3-4 hours sleep in last two days isn't helping me explain what I wanted. That's why I like reading you posts, always (or at least mostly) very clear and concise. :laughing:

I agree in the "quality vs quantity' approach. I typically evaluate the posts on their own merit.

However there are some individuals that I have noticed that post very even-keeled, well grounded posts.

I tend to value those a little more than when someone is a little worked up and firing off quick, poorly thought through knee jerk responses.

I usually value the mods posts for that very reason as they sometimes are the voice of tolerance and respect. Two things the world needs more of in every venue! :laughing:

Some of them are worth reading as their posts are well though out and attempt to explain an issue or help the questioner. Some of them are skipped with a cursory scan due to their posts usually being fluff or arguments for the sake of arguments.

I go by join date and number of posts. People who have a high number of posts but only recently joined are a source of entertainment as they make assumptions and don't always search before posting an argument for or against something. Lack of background research or history makes them funny to read sometimes as I can immediately see where one of the other posters is going to link their question.

I often find the new "over achievers" to be annoying and start skipping threads they are involved with as being fluff or not worth getting involved with. Watching them argue with RK, BrianSnat or even CR about things gets old after a while. :(

I delete 95% of what I type instead of posting. :D That type of number should be tracked somewhere. :laughing:

-J

I don't particularly care about my post count.I see a post to reply to,or a little funnin' around to make,and I do it.I'm not thinking about the quickest way to 10,000. :laughing: Post count is right up there with find count.It's a number.To me anyways. :(

I must say thought that the ol' GS forum has been a great learning experience,and passed the time quite nicely.