Password Trade?

The GeoGadgets Team

I know that I might possibly get totally smacked-down for even asking this, but I can't resist...

There is one geocoin trading 'club' that allows it's paid members to purchase quantities of exclusive coins... anyone can SEE the coin, but a password is required to purchase it.

I'm not into being a member, I only want the one coin.

Is there anyone out there who IS a member who would be interested in trading a coin for the password? Is there anyone who would just consider my poor pitiful (and I would like to emphasize the 'poor' part) and just GIVE me the password? I would be forever in their debt, either way.

Please don't ostrasize me because I'm resourceful...

Edited to add trading list link :: LINK ::

Edited by The GeoGadgets Team

Sure, give me your bank account password, I'll give you my coin club password!! That would be wrong in sooo many ways!! :laughing:

Passwords are meant to keep non-members out of the loop...if you really want the coins, get a membership!!! I would be offended if someone were to hand out their password to a non-member...there are so many other ways to get the coin you'd like!! Say, for instance...have a member order the coin for you, buy the membership or trade for the coin itself!!! :laughing:

As I had to buy a membership to get the coins I wanted, this shortcut idea of yours...just wrong!!! EBAY!!!

My two cents...sorry, just the way I feel...and I'm not all that well off at this time either!!!

Well, I guess I didn't make myself clear...

I've BEEN on the trade page, posted links to my geocoins for trade, including this coin in the WANTED section, with no response.

Funds are a little limited around here, and with Christmas coming it might be a financial issue if I went and spent $100+ on a membership for coins that, most of the time, I'm not even interested in. I like this coin (Masters of Cache) and I've purchased on other from this club.

I'd be perfectly happy to trade something on my list for this one coin. Unfortunately, no one has of yet come forward to offer a trade. I've bid on more than ten of these coins on eBay, with no success.

I love this coin, but the other half/sig-other/master of the purse strings has passed down an edict that my crazy spending on coins is at an end. This is my last purchase for a long time. *sigh*

I don't want nor care to go nuts with your membership password. I was also curious if it was just one password handed down to everyone, or everyone got individual passwords.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, and yes, I may have been attempting to circumvent the process... put me on your ignore list if I have pissed you off... :laughing:

"Funds are a little limited around here, and with Christmas coming it might be a financial issue if I went and spent $100+ on a membership for coins that, most of the time, I'm not even interested in. I like this coin (Masters of Cache) and I've purchased on other from this club. "

I am an old grump, don't take EVERYTHING I say to heart! That membership would only cost you $36 for a 3 month sub which can be canceled any time afterwards though!!

I too am in dire straits at this point in time!! I'll leave out the boring detail, I collect unemployment through the winter months...THIS year (after 26 yrs) I was turned down because of an accounting error that wasn't due to me. Jobs are non-existent in my area (as many others I would guess), but I am going today to place my app in at a small mom and pop greasy spoon. NO, that wn't pay the bills and I'll likely lose my new Jeep, motorcycle and even my internet (as well as my GC.com membership)....hey...I'll also lose my sub to the club...and my kids will NOT have a christmas at all this year :-( But I SHOULD be able to keep my house!!

SO...I do understand!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

The GeoGadgets Team: How long ago did you post in the trading thread to trade? How long did you wait for an answer?

Side note:

Rockin Roddy, I wish you the best of luck! Why don't you have the kids make their Christmas presents to each other this year. Or, dare I say it? Sell the coin collection, keep the jeep?

The GeoGadgets Team: How long ago did you post in the trading thread to trade? How long did you wait for an answer?

Side note:

Rockin Roddy, I wish you the best of luck! Why don't you have the kids make their Christmas presents to each other this year. Or, dare I say it? Sell the coin collection, keep the jeep?

I would hate to do that myself. It is sad to say that I have much more invested in coins than I do vehicles right now. We drive a Buick that we have about 300 dollars in, thanks to collecting insurance money from an accident where we were struck from behind. My new truck is a 1993 with 220,000 miles on it. Life in the fast lane, but in my case, it is by choice.

Internet service is available for free at most libraries now. A regular GC membership is free as well. We hope you can keep caching locally at least until you get over this bump in life's road. Glen

This lady had me worried for her...until I saw she is placing an order for 2 sets of the D3 coin yesterday???? ;)

Hey all, thanks for the suggestions and wishing of my well being!! I found out today that possibly all is NOT lost as we may have fixed the problem and unemployment is again a probability!! My father owns a golf course in MI and he incorporated last spring (which was where the mix-up was created)...somehow we brothers were listed as co-owners. I had just been turned down for the greasy spoon job (I'm on crutches and they need a healthy body) Although we WILL get the course one day, we are not actual co-owners as yet (although I find it easier and more impressive to certain others if I say we are co-owners). The economy tanked for us right after we borrowed $1,000,000 4 years ago for renovations and a new clubhouse to accomodate banquets and business meetings. My dad is fighting just to keep above water, but it looks like we'll be fine as long as all goes well this winter.

SELL the coins???? All my coins are activated and probably not too sought after...but I DID have my own personal coin made recently...and I AM selling those at www.chqualitycoins.com

Again...thanks for your thoughts...looks like things ARE picking up for me!! NOW...if only my leg would heal from injuries sustained while caching recently.... :D

This lady had me worried for her...until I saw she is placing an order for 2 sets of the D3 coin yesterday????

You know what I too was concerned !! , Thats a very interesting observation Roddy here I am passing on coins I can not buy due to finances !!

Perhaps ebay is a better place to get the coin ;)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2566316

Edited by glennk721

This lady had me worried for her...until I saw she is placing an order for 2 sets of the D3 coin yesterday????

You know what I too was concerned !! , Thats a very interesting observation Roddy here I am passing on coins I can not buy due to finances !!

Perhaps ebay is a better place to get the coin ;)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2566316

Wow... yes, I did put myself down for two sets of the D3 coins...

But, as has been posted on another thread in the Geocoin forums, I am guilty of being one of those impulsive people that say "I'll take one of those!" the minute someone announces a new coin. I apologize for that. This whole geocoin-thing has been hard for me to adjust to.

My family and I just moved cross-country from Northern California to Maine, to live with family, because our finances were stretched so thin that we had to decide between fuel to get to work and groceries to feed the kids.

Since arriving in Maine, we are living in approx. 400 sq. ft. of space for 4 people, two adults, two kids, on the third floor of 276 year old home Revolutionary War fort. The roof leaks, and the shower ceiling has such a dramatic slope that the adults have to stoop to shower. It could be worse. We have caught up on the Jeep payments and now we don't have to worry about that being repoed. We are still working on my car, though. In theory, we should be totally caught up and able to move into our own space within eight months.

So, yeah, I shouldn't be buying Geocoins. I'm trying to resist, really I am. And I may not purchase those two set of D3 coins... though I lust after them.

I do appreciate those who offered help with the coin. And I posted my last request on the trading list on the 10th. It shouldn't be hard to find. I've made a few trades from this post, though not for the coin I wanted. Thank you everyone, and glenn, take care and good wishes for you. If you have considered moving, Maine has tons of jobs, especially for skilled trades. My other half is a welder and he's making double here what he did in California, WITH benefits which he didn't get at all before.

RedwoodRed