how do you...

kimnbair

I have a quick question. I purchased 3"x4" plastic card holders to fit up to 5mm. Where do I purchase the black foam from?

I purchased 2mm foam from Wal Mart but it seemed too thin to me so I glued two together and that worked fine. Then I discovered they had 3mm foam at Hobby Lobby so I bought some there. Both work great but I hate gluing up sheets to get to the proper thickness. I also have a list of my coins with tracking numbers so people who have looked at the coins at events can discover them more easily. I did that for an event we sponsored last summer and it worked well. I haven't been to an event since but am sure looking forward to it, we probably have about 80 more coins than we did then. Great fun and people who are not aware of geocoin collecting really enjoy looking.

I bought this 2" binder from Staples:

item490238wq5.jpg

and these display pages from Amazon: (Still coming in the Mail)

BCW Pro 20-Pocket Page (100 Ct. Box) - Coin Storage

coinstoragesh1.jpg

The only problem I see is that these binders don't enclose entirely.

The reason I've gone with the Caseit brand is because they make a binder that zips closed entirely, and it has a handle on the binding. With the handle there, the binders can be stored and removed easily with the binding straight up. Since the coin pages get quite heavy, storing them like a book causes the coin holding pages to pull unevenly from the eyelets. This causes uneven wear on the pages, as the top eyelet ends up supporting the entire weight of the page of coins.

I hope you are planning on enclosing your coins in either the foam inserts, or using the windowed cardboard inserts. Placing the coins in pockets by themselves, they tend to slip out easy. They make a page of pocket flips similar to what your are showing... since the flip can fasten closed, the coins won't slip. coins slipping will really be a problem since the binders don't completely enclose.

I store mine in 6 ring binders that are made for business cards they have zippers on the

binders to keep the coins in the folder.

The coins are kept in place in the plastic sleves with foam sheets that I cut to fit the coin and to fit in the card holder.Each binder will hold 11 pages of coins with 3 coins in each page. 33 coins in each binder this makes them not as heavy as the bigger binders to take to events.

Figured out how to upload a picture of the binders with some help

cainrcc1.jpg

Can you please post the dimensions and maker of your binders. I've been trying to find these since I saw you with them at the last caching event. They are a great idea for displaying a limited amount of geocoins and great for taking to events.

Thanks.....Anthus

I store mine in 6 ring binders that are made for business cards they have zippers on the

binders to keep the coins in the folder.

The coins are kept in place in the plastic sleves with foam sheets that I cut to fit the coin and to fit in the card holder.Each binder will hold 11 pages of coins with 3 coins in each page. 33 coins in each binder this makes them not as heavy as the bigger binders to take to events.

Figured out how to upload a picture of the binders with some help

cainrcc1.jpg

Ok. I found the binders at the Big Lots -- only $5!

Where do I find the business card holders? The binder didn't have any in them.

Thanks....Anthus

WOW, some of the photo of the xyz collection of binders is huge. I have one of those pieces of wood routed out to hold coins you buy on coinsandpins. I wanted the chancellor but my gift-tor gave me the one lessor not knowing I had 30 or more pocket watch trinkets to display with my few geocoins. I am going to have to fix that!