Decrypting Additional Hints

Gralorn

Having just read lots and lots of comments on additional hints on the forum pages with search, I was unable to find a link to a simple tool to place on an IPAQ to decipher the additional hints, something like Rot13.com. Is there one out there anywhere? :rolleyes:

Load cachepages into GPXSonar it allows you to read the decrypted hints seperatly or from the cache page by highlighting the hint area. http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/cs/

Also Cipher Notepad will decrypt several types of code. http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/barrydavi...ipher_main.html

GPXSonar can be used for paperless caching as its has the whole cache page and several of the last logs.

I have both the above on my Ipaq HP 4700.

Bernard

I must admit the 'Hints' on Cachemate on my Palm is superb, but was looking for a similar thing for the IPAQ. I cannot seem to run my Palm and IPAQ from the same PC, so I am not connecting to the net with the IPAQ, that therefore does not enable me to put on GPXSonar or Cachemate limiting my options quite a bit. So a simple little decrypting tool that I can transfer would be the Bee's Knee's. In English though!

I am not connecting to the net with the IPAQ, that therefore does not enable me to put on GPXSonar or Cachemate

Why?????

I don't connect to the internet with my PDA and have both running with no problems. I used to use an iPAQ and ran both with no problems on that too

I must admit the 'Hints' on Cachemate on my Palm is superb, but was looking for a similar thing for the IPAQ. I cannot seem to run my Palm and IPAQ from the same PC, so I am not connecting to the net with the IPAQ, that therefore does not enable me to put on GPXSonar or Cachemate limiting my options quite a bit. So a simple little decrypting tool that I can transfer would be the Bee's Knee's. In English though!

I use GpxSonar on my iPAQ. You can see the cache hints without opening the file with the cache details. Just open the GPX file, then click and hold on the cache (same as right click on the PC) and select "show hints".

All sorted thanks, have now got IPAQ on to main PC as well, therefore able to have cachemate direct which has decrypt of hints, also loaded co-ord conversions (Brians tool) and multi cache decrypt tool as well so really chuffed. Already have Memory Map 1:25,000 maps loaded so all set to go paperless. Thanks for all the assistance, appreciated. If I knew how, there used to be a thing at the bottom, I'd close this particular thread.

:laughing:;)