Spring Fling 2007

Shop99er

Arlene and I would be there but the old man will need about three days to recuprate from the Spring Fling. We will eventually join you and shoot our little Walther P22. Will try to get Ajetpilot to go and bring all his powerful high caliber guns and even his Spud Gun. Shooting a Spud Gun is cheap and a lot of fun. All you need is potatoes and hair spray. Someone will say what does all this have to do with the Spring Fling. Maybe we will use the spud gun to announce the start of the games. That should bring the police in a hurry. Dick

Edited by W7WT

Someone will say what does all this have to do with the Spring Fling. Maybe we will use the spud gun to announce the start of the games. That should bring the police in a hurry. Dick

I dunno about TTUMS, but I like this idea!!!

Just got off the phone with TTUMS, and she's in!! She also sez that Aquanet is the best propellant.

The good place to try it out would be Criminal's Shooting Event at McCeary Quarry on May 6th. I think they make about the same noise as a 12 gage shotgun. Not sure the Eagle's site for the Spring Fling is

the place to try them out. I think it is a great idea at the right place. I was just kidding when I suggested we use the spud gun to announce the start of the games. Dick

The good place to try it out would be Criminal's Shooting Event at McCeary Quarry on May 6th. I think they make about the same noise as a 12 gage shotgun. Not sure the Eagle's site for the Spring Fling is

the place to try them out. I think it is a great idea at the right place. I was just kidding when I suggested we use the spud gun to announce the start of the games. Dick

Just so we're all clear....

We won't be able to use a spud gun of any kind at the Eagles. We may want to use that venue again and we don't want to wear out our welcome by scaring the hell out of them.

I think I can say, without hesitation, that a spud gun at the Manchester Park will get us all kicked out toot-sweet. We've worked really hard on getting a relationship going with the Park Ranger and we don't want to blow it with her. However, the trebuchet is quiet and slightly dangerous so it's a GO!

Just so we're all clear....

We won't be able to use a spud gun of any kind at the Eagles. We may want to use that venue again and we don't want to wear out our welcome by scaring the hell out of them.

I think I can say, without hesitation, that a spud gun at the Manchester Park will get us all kicked out toot-sweet. We've worked really hard on getting a relationship going with the Park Ranger and we don't want to blow it with her. However, the trebuchet is quiet and slightly dangerous so it's a GO!

For those that aren't too sure, that was The Truly Unpleasant Mrs Shop99er there.

All I can add to her statement is......

DA**#T!! :D

Edited by Shop99er

I suppose you could lighten the propellent. I don't own one but have shot one many times at Ham Field Day where we shot lines over trees to

pull up antennas. Another concern is where the potato might fall if you have a lot of people around. ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM THIS SATURDAY FOR THE SPRING FLING. Yes, I know I am shouting!!! Doesn't look like the Shop99ers are going to make the big 2K by then with all the getting ready for the big event. Dick

Edited by W7WT

OK, another idea to announce the beginning of the games. If I can find it, I have a Bosun Pipe. I have forgot how to use it but an old salt like Mark surely can pipe Attention into his bull horn and then say: "Now Hear This" followed by the announcement of the games. This should annoy just a few retired Army people. Dick

Edited by W7WT

OK, another idea to announce the beginning of the games. If I can find it, I have a Botsun Pipe. I have forgot how to use it but an old salt like Mark surely can pipe Attention into his bull horn and then say: "Now Hear This" followed by the announcement of the games. This should annoy just a few retired Army people. Dick

:):):):(

USAF :)

OK, another idea to announce the beginning of the games. If I can find it, I have a Botsun Pipe. I have forgot how to use it but an old salt like Mark surely can pipe Attention into his bull horn and then say: "Now Hear This" followed by the announcement of the games. This should annoy just a few retired Army people. Dick

;):P:):)

USAF :D

In fact, I have a Sterling Silver Bos'n (note the correct spelling) Pipe.

Gotta get the lips limbered up.

It will also serve to confuse the airdales in the crowd.

Edited by Shop99er

Thanks for the spelling on Bos'n. The (t) I had in there was a typing error. I had corrected it to Bosun in my first edit. Anyway looking forward to hearing your piping. Found my old pipe. It is in bad shape but I will bring it along. You should wake up all the dogs in your neighborhood with your practicing.

Edited by W7WT

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er here...

You know what would REALLY be a great event? A Spud Gun Event. Find a location where shooting spuds is acceptable, have kits made up of all the parts needed to make your own Spud Gun and sell them to participants with a little seminar on how to do it... eat a little food, glue some PVC and have a "spud off"!

Great idea huh?........ NOT IT! Someone else can host this one!

As I mentioned before, the place to have it is where Criminal has his shootout event. There is even a small lake where you could plant a target and see just how close you could get to it. I can't speak for Chris but I think he would welcome the spud guns. Dick

OK..OK back on topic...kinda,..... yeah back on topic. For those of you that know who you are, Shop99er and I had some fun last night in preparation for the Fling, and I thought that I would share :rolleyes:

Shop99er doing his thing:

img0503eq4.jpg

Me doing mine:

img0510rs3.jpg

Oh Yeah!!!:

img0513cx6.jpg

Thats there is what I am talking about!!!

img0508fc0.jpg

And finally, the Shop99er/-Hawk- Motto:

img0505jd9.jpg

A side note or two to mention.....Only Shop99er and I know how much of that will be at the Fling, and there IS a reason, that you dont see the label.

Edited by -Hawk-

But how do you get Yellow Snow if you don't drink Yellow Sissy Beer?

That there is a problem, that I hope we don't have to worry about. It is after all the "Spring" Fling, and not the "Winter" Fling. Did you happen to knock on some wood after that last reply Dick? :rolleyes:

Congrats to Rick Lewis, GeoDiver, of Lakewood, WA - winner of the Garmin eTrex Vista CX!!!!at the Spokane CM.

But he doesn't know how to operate a Garmin. Can someone help him next Saturday at the Spring Fling.Just noticed he also got his big 1.2K find. Congrats Rick

Edited by W7WT

Just a reminder to everyone who is attending the Spring Fling and would like to pre-register for the games and/or have a laminated badge made for them....

Deadline to get your information to me (via the web site link) is Friday morning.

I'm closing the links to the web site so I can get badges printed and game listed created early Friday morning. If you don't make the deadline don't worry. You can get a sticky badge and sign up for games at registration the day of the event.

See you there!

If Mrs. Shop99er wouldn’t mind, on Friday night when she does that erotic weather hula dance that always ensures the fantastic sunshine for all your events, could she please throw in an extra shoulder slide or two so it extends to Sunday as well?

Thanks!

Edited by Criminal

If Mrs. Shop99er wouldn’t mind, on Friday night when she does that erotic weather hula dance that always ensures the fantastic sunshine for all your events, could she please throw in an extra shoulder slide or two so it extends to Sunday as well?

Thanks!

There's a mental image that will need some heavy duty cleaner to exsponge!

We're taking off around noon tomorrow to head over to the campground. Anyone who wants to come and hang out at the pre-event at Manchester we should be there and set up sometime after 2:00.

Thanks!

It just so happens that I have freakishly attractive backs of the knees. :unsure:

HulaDeb1.jpg

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs Shop99er

Thanks!

It just so happens that I have freakishly attractive backs of the knees. :blink:

HulaDeb1.jpg

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs Shop99er

That's what I get for posting late at night. I thought he said MR Shop99er!!

Thanks for the best Spring Fling yet! Love the new venue - plenty of room to spread out and enjoy all the people and activities. This will be hard to top!

Thank you for the complement. We like the new venue too. It has nearly everything we need as long as the Fling stays at about the size we've got it now. We're not sure on the head count but we think we had somewhere around 200 people there.

We won't be trying to top this year...althought it was a barn burner wasn't it?... we are going to try to refine and make what we've got better.

The GPS games are dialed in and go on without a hitch. We are going to work on the Chicken Chuckin and the Frog Flingin games to make them go faster.

We know the announcements and raffle went on for way to long but we don't know how we can shorten that. We get through it as fast as we can but with the volume of people we had and raffle items we had.... we're not sure how to do that.

We hope we'll see you at the Fling next year!

Lost and Found... Well mostly lost!

SeabeckTribe missing their #1 coin. Dianne traded it accidentally. :)

Ruth from 2 bugs won a bolt cache and lost it near the registration area. :D

We lost a 20 foot orange extension cord, a plug strip and more importantly...the cord that goes to the chocolate fountain. We're out of the chocolate business without it. :P That cord was short, black and had a big two hole plug on one end.

Anyone seen any of this MIA stuff?

(copy and pasted from an email from Mark & Debbie)

Lost and Found... Well mostly lost!

SeabeckTribe missing their #1 coin. Dianne traded it accidentally. :P

Ruth from 2 bugs won a bolt cache and lost it near the registration area. :D

We lost a 20 foot orange extension cord, a plug strip and more importantly...the cord that goes to the chocolate fountain. We're out of the chocolate business without it. :) That cord was short, black and had a big two hole plug on one end.

Anyone seen any of this MIA stuff?

(copy and pasted from an email from Mark & Debbie)

The cord with the big two hole plug is likely a standard plug and can be replaced at most any small appliance repair shop. Of course I haven't seen the cord so I am only speculating... :D

Sounds like this was a great event. Hope to make it to the next one.

Some losts are found

Found the chocolate fountain cord. It was in the bag with the silverware caddies.

Also located the bolt cach Ruth lost. One of the quads had it and thank you Donna for frisking them!

Not worried about the extension cord or plug strip. We have plenty but we're still on the hunt for Seabeck's #1 coin.