Looks like a bargain to me

Mad H@ter

Low price, but is the SIRF a SIRF III? Processor is slow, no wirelees or even Bluetooth, no USB 2.0.

having got the same offer again, I checked this out - its a SirfSTAR II - I assume this is predecessor to the III. Anyone got anuy experience? I'm trying to justify a purchase and struggling! (I already have full paperless caching facilities...)

Oh yes I have experience...

Mine arrived yesterday. I unpacked it and hated it immediately. It's all plastic and feels cheap and nasty. The car bracket is good but the power connector from the car cigar lighter to the bottom of the unit is of very poor design and only powers the device some of the time depending on the angle the connector is held at.

I used it for the hrs drive in and out of Bristol today... well actually I left it in the boot on the way home 'cause I just didn't like it. It functioned OK, the software does the right sort of thing (I would have replaced it with TomTom anyway) but feels and looks like the cheapest calculater you could buy from the pound shop.

I got home tonight, repacked it and got a return number from Global Positioning Systems website.

Enough said.

Renegade Rabbit purchased one from elsewhere for £150- ordered it before the link to GPS site was posted. I have to say, I much prefer the look and feel of my Medion PPC and TomTom software. Have noted The Great Redmondo's comment about the poor connection of the in car power adaptor. RR hasnt had a chance to try his out yet, but will mention to him that he might want to check that out. :(

Edited to add: the wallet that comes as standard with the Navman offers no protection - its just a very soft and flimsy fabric cover

Edited by The Cache Hoppers