First UK cache

Claret Zip

As it's an archived cache, and so is the nearest one to it, would it not be a nice idea to place one (at the original co-ords if possible) to commemorate the UK's first cache.

Maybe someone nearby would be able to look into it. I'm sure it would become a popular cache.

Edited by CrazyL200

I always thought that England's first was a BETA test for Groundspeak, (hence the fact the owner is one of groundspeaks US lackey's) and that the first actual cache in the UK was Scotlands First. Which still survives to this day.

Very much willing to be proved wrong on this of course.

Europe's First is located in Ireland, it's still going, although I think it was re-incarnated?

The original cache was buried I think.

Nope, from the story page, it was hidden in long grass that died back as the winter neared.

It was my fault. By the time October came around, the grasses had died back. No more two meter tall foliage...more like nothing. I took a chance that no one would be walking in the middle of rough turf as opposed to the trimmed grass of the paths. Live and learn...huh?