Purchased Explorist 200

Redion

I already have two GPS units but tonight I purchased a new Magellan Explorist 200 at my local Wal-Mart for $64.00. When I checked the other day they had 15 units but tonight they only have 7 units remaining. I figured for $64.00 I could not go wrong. I installed batteries and play with it and so far I like the unit. My other units are Garmins (GPS 12 and Legend) but with them I sometimes loose a fix when under heavy tree cover so I thought I would pickup the explorist 200 and see if it stays locked under heavy tree cover. I know downloads can not be completed with the unit but I was mainly interested in getting a continous fix under trees. If any one is interested in the explorist 200 they might check with their local Wal-Mart. :huh:

I already have two GPS units but tonight I purchased a new Magellan Explorist 200 at my local Wal-Mart for $64.00. When I checked the other day they had 15 units but tonight they only have 7 units remaining. I figured for $64.00 I could not go wrong. I installed batteries and play with it and so far I like the unit. My other units are Garmins (GPS 12 and Legend) but with them I sometimes loose a fix when under heavy tree cover so I thought I would pickup the explorist 200 and see if it stays locked under heavy tree cover. I know downloads can not be completed with the unit but I was mainly interested in getting a continous fix under trees. If any one is interested in the explorist 200 they might check with their local Wal-Mart. :D

I have a 200 and it has held locks under tree cover most of the time. I have tried a Etrex yellow, and it has lost locks even in on a hill top and in a parking lot.

The Explorist 200 doesn't have a port for a computer cable, at least the one I used to own didn't.

And if I were you, I'd go back to Walmart and buy the remaining Explorist 200's at that price!!

I checked today and they still have 3 Explorist 200's remaining at $64.00. I would buy another but I already have three GPSr's. If I buy another it will be a 60 Cx or similar.