Rude Cachers

We have just like that here in the Piney Woods of Texas. I just taunt him like a string and a cat. Others have placed caches that make fun of him and he doesn't realize it. He thinks everyone around here is glorifying him and we're actually laughing at him. He is our entertainment when we're not caching. Good stuff, try it.

EDIT: spelling

;):huh:

Just curious, did he slam all these micros he didn't like in print?

Maybe, when you log one of those he planted, do a cut and copy quote of his own posts into your log so he has to read his own words.

Alternative, leave copies of his comments in his caches.

Yes, he does and sends e-mails to individual cachers. That is a good idea though. Thank you

Why are you thinking of doing anything?

I doubt that he has claimed your entire area .1 miles at a time, you still have room to place caches. His rude logs will evenentually move off the page, and also 1 rude log in a list of nice ones quickly stands out as being off.

Ignore him, ignore the logs, ignore him at meetings. You are only ruining your own experience.

If you must do something, place a super cool cache in the middle of all his. See what cachers that hit the area say about yours in comparison.

Actually, if I were to give you our area and you were to look on it on a map, yes, he has saturated the area and taken over other caches of other cachers (I am guessing that he has their permission). Like I said, I am new and have only put out one so far, but I have found that interesting little containers and such make the game much more fun. He just bashes other people that plant the same type of caches, and I mean really bashes. Some of which are people that have been doing it for much longer than he and are good people. I think I have just decided not to do his caches and avoid him. There is another area further north towards Zzyzx's area, which we intend to start hitting. Then we don't have to worry about viewing his comments or dealing with him at all. There are plenty more caches in the world, and I may not find them today or tomorrow, but I will have fun finding the caches I do find with people whose company I enjoy.

"Rude", like "beauty", is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks think that the truth is rude. Things that I find rude are:

Caches placed which "encourage" seekers to trespass on private property.

Folks who won't take the time or effort to ensure they get good coords for their hides.

Folks who don't take the time or effort to maintain their caches.

Folks who claim "finds" for caches they've hidden.

Folks who consistently mention/or place spoilers or near spoilers in their logs.

Folks who think they need to modify your cache without permission.

Folks who think they need to come to the defense of someone else's bad behavior.

I'm not sure I'm getting the whole story here. In that way can another geocacher be rude to you?

Are we talking about meeting him on the trail while doing a find?

Are we talking about meeting him at an event?

Are we talking about the logs he leaves on your caches?

Are we talking about the notes he leaves in response to your logs on his caches?

While I'm not trying to condone rudeness by any means, I just think the question of "how do I respond" will be different depending on what exactly we're talking about by a "rude cacher"...

No, he is very "nice" when you meet him personally, but I have seen on the logs the awful comments he makes regarding the caches and then he sets out 50 of the exact same thing. I know he has sent personal messages to people, making demands regarding TBs and just blatant rude comments and I know of one personal message where he provided an analysis of the receiving cacher.

I don't understand. Is he rude to you or to other cachers? If he's rude to other cachers why do you feel the need to intervene? Wouldn't that be their issue with him?

Just like any other nutjob I just wouldn't engage in any interaction with them.

Edited by Nerves
Some folks think that the truth is rude.

It can be. Depends on how you say it. A lie can also be rude. Again, depends on how you say it. For instance, your Mom spends hours baking you dinner, and it tastes absolutely awful. You can tell the truth in a rude way, I.e; "Hey Mom, this tastes like cr@p", or you could tell the truth in a nice way, I.e; "Seconds? No thanx. I'm pretty full". I'm one of the rare cops that opposes the death penalty, (for reasons other than the norm), but I'd certainly be willing to make an exception for rude behavior. :laughing:

Things that I find rude are:

Caches placed which "encourage" seekers to trespass on private property.

Folks who won't take the time or effort to ensure they get good coords for their hides.

Folks who don't take the time or effort to maintain their caches.

Folks who consistently mention/or place spoilers or near spoilers in their logs.

Folks who think they need to modify your cache without permission.

Folks who think they need to come to the defense of someone else's bad behavior.

Agree with all the above, except this one:

Folks who claim "finds" for caches they've hidden.

Several descriptive thoughts come to mind; juvenile, silly, asinine, sure. Rude? Not by my definition. Maybe my eyes don't behold the same way yours do? :laughing: